Honored Contributor

Bill Nighy - I Just Love This Guy!

[ Edited ]

....and speaking of Love Actually....

I just love actor Bill Nighy.  I read a blurb about a new film he's in, in today's NY Post, which is why I'm starting this thread. I've loved him in everything I've seen him in, including Love Actually, The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel,  and The Girl In The Cafe (HBO film).  Most times I've seen him interviewed he is very funny and self-effacing.  For example, in the link below, he says about his new film:  “I happen to play a pompously self-absorbed actor in his declining years in this, so it was a real stretch. I had to watch some other actors to figure out how to play it.”   LOL!    This guy is a real gem.  I can hardly stand, though, how gangly and skinny he is!  It's always a little distracting to me! He actually looks funny and usually has a twinkle in his eye.

http://pagesix.com/2017/03/25/bill-nighy-jokes-new-role-was-a-real-stretch/?_ga=1.144151925.17163156...

Honored Contributor

Re: Bill Nighy - I Just Love This Guy!

Me, too, Pearley!  He delights me no end.

Esteemed Contributor

I loved Love, Actually, and thought he was so good and so funny.  Loved his relationship with his manager.

Trusted Contributor

I'm another big, big fan of his.

I think I first noticed him in Love Actually.  I thought he was so funny, and adorable, too in a creepy way, of course.

I started looking for him in other things and I think I went to the movies to see him in The Girl in the Cafe.  He was really great in that.

Since then, I've seen him in so many things, older things too.....maybe I had seen him in, but never noticed before.

He does seem very nice in interviews. I think he's very attractive in an unconventional sort of way. 

Honored Contributor

I loved him The Girl in the Cafe but he was also fabulous in Underworld. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

I went Googling him last night after I started this thread, and hadn't realized he had broken up with his very longtime live-in girlfriend, Diana Quick, with whom he has a daughter born in the 1980s.  He referred to Quick always as his wife, so I was shocked that they'd broken up.  This article paints him as rather a dark and difficult workaholic person who is very solitary.  Totally not the image I had of him!

http://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/its-not-love-actually-just-what-was-it-that-drove-bill-nighy-and-d...

Esteemed Contributor

Great actor. He can do anything. That aging rock star he played in Love Actually was fantastic