Honored Contributor

Re: Big Little Lies- opinions?

@hgsuddle, thank you, I mixed it up with "In the Heights."  Stupid mistake, sorry.

Respected Contributor

@chihuahuamom  I actually like Reese's character - she's the only one I like.   I totally agree about Renata, not a likable bone in her body. And I think Nicole is freakishly plastic looking. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Contributor

I'm finding the episodes entertaining, am anxious to see how it ends!

Honored Contributor

Except for the beach, some of this reminds me of my daughter's group of girlfriends.

Everyone is always into everyone's business.  It's a tight-knit community, upscale (not quite as upscale, but filled with professional people).

Just reminds me of some of it.  My guess is there are a lot of communities like this show around the country.

I know one of our developments we put together had some very similar people and situations (on who's doing who) around it.

Valued Contributor

I grew up in OR, but spent a week a year in this area, and a couple in So Cali.  So beautiful is Carmel, and Pebble Beach...we were not in these peoples league, but I love reliving seeing the scenery and homes!  My dad was  a golfer and back then pretty good, not professional,  but did know people to allow us access to areas most public didn't get too.  Appreciate it now and wish we had access!  

Honored Contributor

@qvcfreak wrote:

@Tique, I was very happy with Ziggy's outcome as well. He is just a darling little boy who got a bad wrap.  Also the bite on Amabella shoulder (next week's previews) doesn't match Ziggy's teeth, hope that will clear him next week. 

@qvcfreak    did I miss something? I didn't see them comparing Amabella's bite mark to Ziggy's teeth. @PurpleBunny   I agree with you about Renata. I think she is the most despicable female character, second only to Perry. Amabella may have eventually told her dad who was really hurting her if her mother hadn't been there - making it all about herself.

The scene with Celeste and the therapist was one of my favorites. It is an indication that deep down Celeste is concerned about her safety. I hope the question that she was asked about whether Perry hurts the boys or they see him hurting her makes her do some real thinking. @LoriLori  the child actors continue to be outstanding. They are definitely a part of what is making this series such a delight to view - at least for me.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Esteemed Contributor

@Tique, no there was no comparison done, just an observation on my part. Ziggy's two front teeth are large, whoever bit Amabella has straight  smaller teeth

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli wrote:

I think they are doing a pretty good job with it.  I read the book, so I am struggling with the jump from Australia to Monterey, but other than that, I'm liking it.  It's only 7 episodes, so I can see it through to the end.

@DrKelli, I think they're doing a fantastic job with it.   I am loving it and will miss it.  I'm watching the marathon now.

@CANDLEQUEEN, not sure if the book will work after the last episode.  But she's got others.  I just got her latest after reading Nicole & Reese are adapting that one next for HBO.

Honored Contributor

I mostly came by here to warn people who have not read the book:  I did a google search because I wanted to know more about the director and a lot of spoilers came up.

There are spoilers everywhere, many recent!  And some people who probably read the book writing articles to seem clever that they've got it all figured out.

There's a lot of speculation too but you don't want to run into any of it because it's tough to tell the difference.

If you don't know how it ends be careful out there!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Got completely caught up this weekend.  Really enjoyed it and am looking forward to tonight's show.  

Although I read the book, it was some time ago.  I recall what the "big" mystery is, but admit I just had to look up who was bullying Amabelle on Wiki.  It was driving me crazy! Not what I was thinking.

Anyways, I'm very torn about Renata.  She is unlikeable, but she IS fighting for her daughter and wants what's best for her.  If the tables were turned, I would think Madeline would act similarly, if not more over the top.

I also don't really mind the Avenue Q subplot, because it's giving more screen time  and back story to Renata and Celeste.  However, since it wasn't in the book, can somebody remind me if/how Madeline's affair was dealt with?  I don't remember a car accident like what happened in last week's episode (but that doesn't mean anything - I would read all of wiki's book plot, but I don't want to be reminded of everything. I saw the bully explanation very quickly, so didn't read on.  Thank you!)