Honored Contributor

I just read that Katey Sagal will play Penny's mom and Jack McBrayer will play her brother. This show always seems to get the casting just right.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Super Contributor

I don't know who Jack is but Katey will be great!! I love that show. 

Respected Contributor

Didn't she play her mom before in 8 simple Rules?

Respected Contributor

Re: Big Bang Theory

[ Edited ]

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I just read that Katey Sagal will play Penny's mom and Jack McBrayer will play her brother. This show always seems to get the casting just right.

I just discovered this show.  Sagal played Peg Bundy.  She's a great comedic actress!!!   When does the new season start and on what channel?

Honored Contributor

@Quiltlady wrote:

I don't know who Jack is but Katey will be great!! I love that show. 

Jack was on 30 Rock. And is very funny.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

@GSPgirl wrote:

Didn't she play her mom before in 8 simple Rules?

I had forgotten about that @GSPgirl, but you are right.  She absolutely did!

Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I think Katey Sagal will prob be a good choice for Penny's mom ...............but i think instead of Jack McBrayer they should have picked  a character who would be opposite of the men on the show... Jack McBrayer seems to "alike" the other main characters....i think they should have picked  a funny, saracastic macho type to play Penny's brother...i think it would have created some great storylines....

Trusted Contributor

this show is just genius. I love the wit and the humor. it's a step above the rest of the comedies on tv. don't know who jack is, but Katey seems like a good choice. I also love that Keith Carradine is penny's dad. he played it so well. it would be nice if he made more appearances. Amy is my absolute favorite ❤️

Trusted Contributor

oh my gosh! I just googled jack mcbrayer! I love that guy! he's so funny! just never remembered his name. can't wait to see him on the show. yay!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Big Bang Theory

[ Edited ]

Wow, I wonder if that means we will finally find out Penney's last name. They never mentioned it when her dad was there. Leonard just called him by his first name. She is the ONLY character on the show whose last name we never knew. I have my own ideas as to why that is. What do any of you think? The only brother I've ever heard her mention is the one who was in jail and sounded like a good old boy hell raiser.