Super Contributor

BLINDSIDED - Lifetime Movie - Today (Sun., Jan. 5th @ 5 PM ET)

Blindsided, a brand new 2014 made-for-cable movie, repeats today, Sunday, January 5th at 5 PM ET and this is a psychological thriller of the highest order.

Starring Michelle Monaghan and Michael Keaton, Blindsided centers upon a photojournalist who's blinded while embedded with U.S. troops abroad. She retreats to her New York City penthouse where she becomes the target of a sadistic criminal and his accomplice who are searching for a hidden fortune.

Lifetime premiered Blindsided yesterday at 8 PM and repeated it at midnight. While reminiscent of both the stage play and the 1967 movie, Wait Until Dark, (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062467/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1), the basic concept of Blindsided isn't new, but this is a gripping, compelling two-hour exercise in sheer psychological terror that will take you on an emotional rollercoaster ride that you won't soon forget.

Frequent Contributor

Re: BLINDSIDED - Lifetime Movie - Today (Sun., Jan. 5th @ 5 PM ET)

I saw it last night and it was scary!
Respected Contributor

I watched it last night and enjoyed it. It did remind me of "Wait Until Dark".

Michael Keaton was almost unrecognizable to me. And the other guy, Chad?, that's the actor who plays Aiden on Revenge. I kept trying to figure out where I knew him from!

The worse thing about watching it last night was the commercials! There were so many, sometimes 5 minutes or more. I think I'm going to dvr any movies I watch on Lifetime in the future.

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum
Super Contributor

On 1/5/2014 lainey said: I watched it last night and enjoyed it. It did remind me of "Wait Until Dark".

Michael Keaton was almost unrecognizable to me. And the other guy, Chad?, that's the actor who plays Aiden on Revenge. I kept trying to figure out where I knew him from!

The worse thing about watching it last night was the commercials! There were so many, sometimes 5 minutes or more. I think I'm going to dvr any movies I watch on Lifetime in the future.
Good catch, lainey, or should we call you "Eagle Eyes"? I knew that the henchman looked familiar, but I missed the end credits and simply couldn't place that face. Who knew he was on Revenge? Well, you did. As for Michael Keaton's stunning performance as a sociopath - WOW! I never imagined he had such depth and range. That cool, calm exterior that masked pure evil incarnate; underplaying a madman in that way gave him a quiet, almost Hannibal Lecter-like menacing quality. I just about lost it during that close encounter with Shadow, the cat. Keaton certainly has come a long way since fast-talking, spaced-out, slick and shifty morgue attendant, Bill ("Billy Blaze") Blazejowski in 1982's Night Shift, with Henry Winkler and Shelley Long. I enjoyed Blindsided thoroughly.
Super Contributor

If you missed it, Blindsided airs tonight, Friday, January 10th at 8 PM ET on Lifetime and repeats at midnight.
Respected Contributor

"Eagle Eyes" here.{#emotions_dlg.laugh} The whole time I was watching the movie it was annoying me because I knew I recognized "Chad" but I couldn't figure out who he was. Then all of the sudden I had an "ah ha" moment and it clicked into place. The actor's name is Barry Sloane, aka Aiden on Revenge.

I always remember Michael Keaton as the nice guy in Mr. Mom and the evil neighbor in Pacific Heights. He was pure evil in that film! He certainly can play a range of characters! But he's starting to look his age now at 62. I guess I didn't realize he was that old (not that 62 is old, but I thought he was in his 40s.{#emotions_dlg.blush})

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum
Valued Contributor

I liked Wait Until Dark but this one was too disturbing for me. After she found the body and the guy went after her , I turned it off!!{#emotions_dlg.scared}