Honored Contributor

Attention: 1970s Hippies and Flower Children

[ Edited ]

Did you know that Cat Stevens is back in the US and performing?  His rendition of "Morning is Broken" is one of my all-time favorite songs and, although others have sung it, he does it best.

Here you can read all about it, see his concert schedule, hear a sample of his music.

Click Here

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: Attention: 1970s Hippies and Flower Children

his name is yusuf islam......

i was not a flower child, i was not a hippie, but i was a teenager during the 1970s and i loved his music then and i love it now.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/music/midnight-sun-blog/bal-yusuf-islam-cat-stevens-kenned...

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

Yup I pretty much lived in danskin leotards and flowy gauze wrap-around maxi skirts back then! So many loving, peaceful friends and so many great experiences.

I played my Cat Stevens records and knew all the lyrics by heart.. albums like Mona Bone Jakon, Tea for the Tillerman, and Teaser and the Firecat. I had the sheet music books for all and played them on piano and guitar, singing heartfully along! I even drew him in a quite good pencil sketch, and painted a little boy with the crescent moon and star above him. Now i ask myself - where has all my talent gone??? lol

You can watch Cat perform live on Saturday, Sept. 24th on MSNBC during the Global Citizen Festival in Central Park, NYC. I believe it's to be broadcast @ 3 PM E.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Kindness is a gift everyone can afford to give.
**Be the reason someone smiles today : )
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Did you know that Cat Stevens is back in the US and performing?  His rendition of "Morning is Broken" is one of my all-time favorite songs and, although others have sung it, he does it best.

Here you can read all about it, see his concert schedule, hear a sample of his music.

Click Here

That and Moon Shadow. I loved both of them.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Trusted Contributor

Hugh Jackman is in the show as well. I'll watch. 

Honored Contributor

Peace Train

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Sadly, I saw he had performed at the Tower Theatre AFTER his concert. My girlfriend and I saw the Moody Blues at the Tower Theatre several years ago. I would have gone to see Cat Stevens. Wish I saw the notice before his concert.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624

Not a flower child here, but Cat Stevens is one of my greats❤️

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

Honored Contributor

LOVE him!  Thanks for the info.  I think I saw him most recently at a R&R Hall of Fame induction.

Such beautiful songs and such a beautiful voice!