Honored Contributor

Anyone Ever Watched The Game Show Called "Cash Cab"?

This guy drives a New York City cab and while taking people to their destination, he questions them.  The questions start out $50 and moves to $100 then to $200.  Most of the people are going approximately 40 blocks.  If they stop for a red light they can win a lot more money but it doesn't cost them any.

They are allowed 3 wrong answers and are allowed 1 'mobil shout out' (call someone to help with the answer) and 1 'stop a person for help'.

At the end he tells them they can double the money earned if they know the answer to a video he shows them.  If they get it wrong they loose everything.

If during the ride they get three answers wrong they get put out of the cab no matter where they are and win no money.

But....here's something I saw at the bottom of the show.  I saw where the participants are questioned if they want to do it ahead of time and bla bla.  When they get in the car the driver always acts like he's hiding so they won't recognize him...what a joke, they know ahead of time....

I forgot to say when they get in and sit down music comes on in the cab and the ceiling lights up.

I keep thinking I'd know exactly one question and would immediately get all three questions wrong!  Some of it is the way the questions are asked.

Most people take the money and don't tempt fate by going with the video test at the end.  I don't blame them.  Although often people surprise themselves by knowing the video answer (doubling as much as $1,500 (the average amount of money earned in 40-42 blocks).

Before I saw the writen at the end of the show I always thought it was interesting that most of these people were going around 40 blocks...Duh?  OK, I'm slow!  Ha!

Here's the information for those who couldn't follow my rants above:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-SwGBBt5K0&list=PLundnhqfpGl9wdy7eNdsXIdnLKmCjxlwl

Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone Ever Watched The Game Show Called "Cash Cab"?

That's a pretty old show unless they have newer shows but I remember watching that at least 7 years ago.

Honored Contributor

I have watched it off and on for a long time.  I often watch the game show channel (yes, there is one)...Ha!

It's boring but it is noise.

Esteemed Contributor

I watched Cash Cab several years ago. It was great fun trying to answer the questions. The comedian who drove the cab had gotten his cab license. I really wish they'd bring Cash Cab back, not just in reruns.

Valued Contributor

What difference does that make ...  maybe it's new to her ...  

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  I watch it every night at 11 P.M. on the Game Show Network.  I had never seen it before.  Who cares if they ask the people ahead of time.  They would almost have to because what if they get in the cab and are only going 2 or 3 blocks?

Glad to hear others enjoy it, too.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Valued Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 Cash Cab is favorite of mine!  I've always enjoyed it. I read that some participants are told there is a chance they will be in it but some are completely unaware.   Not sure if that is still the case. Ben Bailey is great at what he does.  

Honored Contributor

It's not that I care, but I didn't realize because they act surprised.

My favorite show is Family Feud.  I sometimes cringe at the answers posted on the board, but then the questions lead up to those answers (suggestive).

I'm not prude...boy is that true!  However, it makes me think it's 'put on' that some of the answers posted are made up. 

Esteemed Contributor

OK. Here's what they do. They film the people being surprised, then they stop and ask if it is ok to proceed. If not, they trash the film of them being surprised and move on to the next group of people. They have to do it this way due to various witness protection, adoption, restraining laws, etc. I'm not sure if they still are filming new episodes, but I think it is great fun!

Honored Contributor

I've watched it before and liked it.