Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anybody Watching the Oscars?

I didn't enjoy it....felt like I was watching Dr Phil...

Regular Contributor

I agree.  It is always fun to see the gowns and most did not disappoint.  But (for me) the constant talk about racism, sexism, politics, etc. took it's toll on the show.  We get enough of that from the 24 hour news cycle we live in.  I wish the Oscars kept to entertainment.

Betty

Esteemed Contributor

I love Chris Rock and think he is very funny but enough is enough.  The viewers are not the ones who nominate, save the speeches for the academy. As was said before, ALL LIVES MATTER.

Respected Contributor

I watched until the very end. When I woke this morning, I wondered why I did that! In retrospect, I should have turned it off!

I so dislike actors who for some reason think they are politicians. Save it for another venue.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Trusted Contributor

BORING show. Chris Rock was NOT funny.

Honored Contributor

I was so happy the woman from ROOM won.  Brie Larson was fabulous!

I only saw parts of it.  I loved the woman in the yellow dress-that dress was stunning.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

@January121 wrote:

OK ... I watched the entire show ... other than Lady GaGa's performance the show was a 2 on a scale of 1 to 10 ..... I think Chris Rock should have stopped while he was ahead ... his constant remarks about blacks not being nominated were annoying ... even at the very end of the show as they were all walking off the stage he shout out " black lives matter" .... he should have said "All Lives Matter" .... I hope he is not asked to host the show next year .... he seems like a trouble maker who wants to cause more trouble ... none of his comments should have been allowed on the show .... there is a time & place for everything!

I totally agree with you January!  Enough of this it is like reverse racism,  don't like,e it nd it is not funny or productive in any way.  And YES ALL lives matter not just one group!!!  Tired of all this cr--!  Get someone else next year 

Honored Contributor

At times Chris Rock was funny.

I loved Joe Biden and Lady GaGa.  Her performance was by far the best of the night.

I also loved the reception for the brilliant Ennio Morricone.

Honored Contributor

I fast forwarded past 80% of it. I thought Biden's speech was great though and enjoyed the documentary film awards. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Trusted Contributor

I watched about five minutes at the beginning. That was enough. These awards shows that are hijacked to address political and social issues ad nauseum are not entertaining to me.

If some of these stars want to produce documentaries about their causes and shop them around, that's great--that's American freedom at its best. To use the Oscars and other awards shows to rant about their causes is disingenuous to me.