Honored Contributor

American Horror Story Season 6

[ Edited ]

Does anyone watch this show? I thought season 5 was pretty bad, though I really enjoyed the first few seasons. I'm wondering if anyone knows what the theme of season 6 will be? I'll tune in to see what it's about, but if it's as bad as last year I don't know if I'll watch.

Honored Contributor

Re: American Horror Story Season 6

I'm still in!   Just a few days ago I got the new season scheduled.   I don't know what the premise is of this new season, however, but the promo I saw was pretty creepy!  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

They've been intentionally hiding this season's theme to make it a surprise.  They've put various teasers out, all of which have either been vague or intentionally invoked different themes and genres to throw the public off from the real theme of this season.  What the show runners didn't count on was that the TV Guide and various other tv schedules come out weeks early and list the title of the show, which has resulted in the real title of the season being leaked. According to tv listings, it will be "American Horror Story:  The Mist."  Now, this could also be intentionally planted to throw us off, too, so I think we'll have to wait to see what the real title is when it debuts on 9/14.  My favorite seasons from most favorite to least are:  2, 1, 5, 4, 3.  

Honored Contributor

Interesting!  Thanks for that info.

The only promo I've seen was just a mega close-up of a lady's lips with a tarantula crawling out of it.  YIKES!   Smiley Happy   

Usually, the sub-title tells us what the premise is so I was wondering why it was so vague for this new season.

Honored Contributor

@RazorSharp wrote:

They've been intentionally hiding this season's theme to make it a surprise.  They've put various teasers out, all of which have either been vague or intentionally invoked different themes and genres to throw the public off from the real theme of this season.  What the show runners didn't count on was that the TV Guide and various other tv schedules come out weeks early and list the title of the show, which has resulted in the real title of the season being leaked. According to tv listings, it will be "American Horror Story:  The Mist."  Now, this could also be intentionally planted to throw us off, too, so I think we'll have to wait to see what the real title is when it debuts on 9/14.  My favorite seasons from most favorite to least are:  2, 1, 5, 4, 3.  

@RazorSharp  The title reminds me of The Fog movie, but I know the new season will not be as tame as this movie. 

Respected Contributor

This show is one of my favorites. What is the start date so I can program my DVR?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chessylady wrote:

This show is one of my favorites. What is the start date so I can program my DVR?

@chessylady  I think the new season starts Sept. 14. 

I read the same thing about TV Guide "revealing" the season 6 theme as "The Mist."  Can't wait to see if it's true or intentionally misleading.  Guessing it's true, but you never really know.  Looking forward to the new season! 

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Esteemed Contributor

The last season was just disgusting....I watched to see GaGa's fashions but even the young folk I've spoken to thought it was quite graphic and senseless....I didn't watch the whole season as it was tiresome, pointless and plain stupid....I will start the season but it remains to be seen if I finish

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've seen a few creepy promos, and I keep seeing one of a house in the middle of a field with black smoke coming out of it. Someone told me that this season may be about a lost colony. It's something that actually took place. I realize it sounds very strange, but a community of people were living somewhere in the United States and just vanished. I'm very curious as to what the theme is as well.

Frequent Contributor

Roanoke Island, Outer Banks, North Carolina