Honored Contributor

Has anyone seen the commercial with the little Asian baby and the dog? The little girl is playing with a stuffed lion with her parents. The dog, looks like a golden retriever, (he was there first) is looking longingly at the three of them feeling left out. The dad sees this and orders something from Amazon Prime. Cut to the dog wearing a mane, looking like a lion, and walking over to the baby, becoming besties! This commercial always gets to me, babies and dogs, what more can you ask for!

Valued Contributor

I haven't seen that one yet. The one that I love is the one with the little dog with a cast on his leg and can't run. The man orders a front carrier from Amazon and carries the dog like a baby. It always makes me smile.  I can't wait to see the one you described, I love anything with animals.

“The price of light is less than the cost of darkness.”
– Arthur C. Nielsen
Respected Contributor

Yes, it's a good ad. I've seen another in which a guy gets a carrier for his dog. It's good, too.

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2, I love that commercial! It's just so perfect and that baby is adorable! I could watch it over and over. Amazon sure has some good commercials this year. 

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum
Honored Contributor

Re: Amazon Prime Commercial

[ Edited ]

I actually saw it for the first time this morning.  I usually don't pay much attention to commercials since most of the time I'm not watching live but this one caught my eye because of the sad dog which I just can't take. It literally makes me cry.  

I honestly hated this commercial.  I thought it was a cute idea on paper but it just really upset me.  In my house, the kid would be gone if she didn't like the dog because I'm sure he was there first.         

Trusted Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

Has anyone seen the commercial with the little Asian baby and the dog? The little girl is playing with a stuffed lion with her parents. The dog, looks like a golden retriever, (he was there first) is looking longingly at the three of them feeling left out. The dad sees this and orders something from Amazon Prime. Cut to the dog wearing a mane, looking like a lion, and walking over to the baby, becoming besties! This commercial always gets to me, babies and dogs, what more can you ask for!

I usually like commercials like this, but something doesn't sit right with me with this one.  I am a big animal lover and the fact the beautiful Golden is off to the side troubles me.  I understand the love for the baby, but it seems the dog is being ignored.  I also don't like the idea the dog has to wear a lion wig for the baby to accept it.  That baby is a few months old, so it's not like he/she is seeing it for the first time.  I think Amazon missed the mark on this one. 

Honored Contributor

For those who haven't seen them here's the adorable one with the cute baby.  This is my favorite although I love them.  This add agency is wonderful and sure has their pulse on what American likes and touches our hearts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWmzLs7uqbE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-YvO_k03-s

ENJOY!

Honored Contributor

My favorite is still the dog in the cast. The miniature pony was also cute. I don't mind this latest one. 

Honored Contributor

@Yahooey wrote:

My favorite is still the dog in the cast. The miniature pony was also cute. I don't mind this latest one. 

@Yahooey, I liked the one with the miniature pony too, but after a while that song Little Man sung by Cher was getting on my nerves!

Honored Contributor

This is another cute one!  I also love the one with the tiny horse!  Smiley Happy