Honored Contributor

Re: All things DAYS, wk of 10/24

Boy, am I ever glad this was before my time. It sounds like a soap opera-oh, wait, it is a soap opera.

Esteemed Contributor

Okay...now I am confusing David with Scott.  David is Julie's son by David Martin who Susan killed...right Shel??

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can help to straighten out a few things in question

David Banning is Julie's son, his son is Scotty Banning, her only biological grandchild. .

Julie's son David was adopted by Scott Banning, hence his name being Banning, and yes Mike Farrell of MASH was one of the few actors to play the part of Scott. His wife was Janet, she passed away, and Scott fell in love with Julie, Julie married him only to get her son back in her life. Susan Martin killed David Martin, the father of her baby, and the love of her life prior to Doug. Susan also had a baby from David and he accidentally killed him, think he fell off a swing.  Julie also had a long time romance with Don Craig, but she did not want ot marry him. He married Marlena after that. We never saw Valerie and Abe together before, Abe came on the how in the middle 80's, Val was late 70's. I am trying so hard to remember this time but I was in college then and then working full time, so did not see it that often back then. But, there was definite reasoning behind the scene today with Julie and Dr Grant, since at one time she was to be her future daughter in law. After Val, David fell in love with Renee, long lost daughter of Stefano. Years ago 2 different actresses played the part of Val, neither is the current one.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

So, David Martin married Susan.....when their son died on the swing Susan blamed David Martin and killed him.....(trial found Susan temporary insane)  at the trial it became know that Julie was pregnant with David Martin's son....she gave him up for adoption.....the adoption couple was Scott & Janet Banning....and the adopted son was called David Banning,  but Julie was the biological mother.....( I think this is correct)

It all comes down to this this new Dr Valerie who operated on Abe was engaged to David Banning.

I did look up Abe Carver's story,  he was shortly involved with Valerie Grant...and I looked up Valerie's story too,  she was on for a short time in 81-82 when Abe was on!!!!. (also in the 70's with David Martin).....

Now back to our show.....LOL!     I want to know who really killed Aiden's wife, guess it will be a mystery forever....

Trusted Contributor

Shell,  wasn't Renee the one who told fortunes or something....or was that Renee's mother?

Honored Contributor

@mishka14 wrote:

Shell,  wasn't Renee the one who told fortunes or something....or was that Renee's mother?

You are thinking of Celeste who was Lexie's mother. Renee's mother was Lee Dumonde who was once married to Doug when he and Julie divorced briefly when her face was badly burned in an accident. Stefano was Renee's father.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mishka14 wrote:

So, David Martin married Susan.....when their son died on the swing Susan blamed David Martin and killed him.....(trial found Susan temporary insane)  at the trial it became know that Julie was pregnant with David Martin's son....she gave him up for adoption.....the adoption couple was Scott & Janet Banning....and the adopted son was called David Banning,  but Julie was the biological mother.....( I think this is correct)

It all comes down to this this new Dr Valerie who operated on Abe was engaged to David Banning.

I did look up Abe Carver's story,  he was shortly involved with Valerie Grant...and I looked up Valerie's story too,  she was on for a short time in 81-82 when Abe was on!!!!. (also in the 70's with David Martin).....

Now back to our show.....LOL!     I want to know who really killed Aiden's wife, guess it will be a mystery forever....

Well, now so now if we put all the responses together we should have all our questions answered. Thanks for letting us know Val was also on in the 80's when Abe was on. I did not remember that.  She also had a bro named Danny, who owned a local bar in Salem.

Trusted Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@mishka14 wrote:

You are thinking of Celeste who was Lexie's mother. Renee's mother was Lee Dumonde who was once married to Doug when he and Julie divorced briefly when her face was badly burned in an accident. Stefano was Renee's father.

here we go again, LOL...Lee Dumonde and Doug,  I remember,  but,  who had Doug's singer guy friend's baby...Robert LeClair I think he was called....was Lee involved with Robert too?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't think Abe is going to make it.  JMO

I also think Kayla is wearing a wig.  Her hair never moved, no matter which way she turned.  It's not soft like it used to be.  If she had brain surgery, then her hair couldn't have gotten this long so fast.  If it did, then there would be no reason for her to wear the babushka.  She takes it off and voila - normal-looking hair?????  Makes no sense to me.

Is Aiden really gone or is he plotting something with Andre??  Who was this guy at the police station with Roman, Hope and Rafe.  He just doesn't look very "official" and sure doesn't sound like a big honcho.... JMO  Bad casting IMO

ETA - so how did Maggie get to the cemetery???

Respected Contributor

Hi SophiaMarie!

I don't think Kayla's hair is a wig, I think it was just freshly cut and probably shellac'd in place with spray.  What I thought was strange that it was all tucked under her surgical hairmask while in the OR, but then in the next scene, her hair wasn't a hair out of place.  They should at least try to make things as real as possible on this silly show of ours, don't ya think??

Agree, too, about bad casting of that guy playing the assistant deputy mayor.  I actually laughed when he started speaking.  Little guy, squeaky little voice, reminded me of a cartoon character.