Esteemed Contributor

Re: All things DAYS, wk of 10/24

@sophiamarie...Kayla had brain surgery as part of the storyline.  Don't think Mary Beth Evans did IRL because she wasn't off the show.

Y'all know that wasn't really a babushka she was wearing, right?  You were just making fun,  yes?

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sophiamarie

Yea, no babushka and a new hairstyle out of nowhere.  See my post a few posts up.

Respected Contributor

Yes, just making a little fun of the hat.  All in good fun. 

Esteemed Contributor

@BarbiHollywoodAre you kidding me???  She actually took off the babushka and wore her own hair?? And it looked almost like her other hair??  Now, that is a mystery to me.  I wonder why they had her wear it for so long - or maybe it just seemed very long to me.  

Now that I think about it, when she operated on JJ, what did she wear on her head???  Does anyone remember?

Honored Contributor

@sophiamarie She wore her Babushka.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MamaWick  I started the Babushka thing-for laughs. I believe a real one is tied under the chin and comes from Russia, not Ireland hahahahaha  I only knew it was a scarf.

Respected Contributor

@SophiaMarie - Kayla had her hair cut, that's for sure.  Shorter in length and layered throughout with "wings" on the sides.  Very similar to her usual style which is very cute, I like it on her.  No sign of any head wound or mention of anything either.  So between her new cut and Kate's and Marlena's new stylings, I guess it was grooming day!  Wonder if anyone trimmed up Joey's mop.  Where is Jade, come to think of it?  Did she disappear or did I miss something?  And NOT that I'm missing them or anything, but where are the teens? 

I'd like Roman to put on a light colored shirt for a change.  He and Deimos in their dark shirts and dark jackets.  Don't know why I just mentioned that.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

LOL, thanks @MamaWick!  I just figured out a way around it but I'm super grateful so my post below was copied for me by Mama!

Honored Contributor

And to add to what I wrote there:

When you see a few people look different it means they came back from a break.  They work two weeks on/two weeks off.  Sometimes in those two weeks people's hair grows or gets cut, whatever.  Looks like that's the case with yesterDAY's show.

Not being able to cut and paste or post links or images is frustrating!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Per @LoriLori request, this is her post that got on last week's thread.

Some of you might love moviemistakes.com.  So many mistakes and movies have someone whose job it is to not make them!  Sometimes watching a movie I'll just focus on a single glass of wine or plate of food and watch it get smaller and bigger again and it's almost gone and voila! it's untouched. 

Note on how DAYS is done:

No, there is no medical consultant.  Back long ago when housewives were the audience soaps were a tool for bringing attention to medical and social issues.  In those DAYS of much bigger budgets there were consultants.  Now there's not even catered lunch!

Also every show is written by a different writer.  You might imagine them gathered around a table in a writer's room like in prime time.  Nope.  Most of them don't even live in LA.  In fact Dena Higley, Head Writer, lives in Florida.  It's all done by email.  The writers are assigned scripts, write them from home and send them in.  They do not see the scripts for the DAY before or the DAY after.  Someone on set is supposed to check for that stuff but we know from watching that lots of mistakes come through.

The directors rotate as well.  So if someone's hair is way off from the DAY before, well, it wasn't that director so they won't be able to notice.

Stuff will still drive you crazy but I hope this has been interesting LOL.  I learned it by reading Someone Who Knows this stuf.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix