Honored Contributor

Re: All things DAYS, wk of 07/18

Sorry for the confusion, I did not necessarily mean it say it was Manilow's song, but I just thought that by saying that it was easily identified, as it was for me, sorry if anyone was upset I said it was Manilow. I just assumed that everyone would easily know what I meant by saying it was Manilow. I will be more careful next time.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

o/t to lori. I thought you might find this interesting-plus she wrote a book available on Kindle if you do that sort of thing. lol

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/obituaries/2016/07/22/elizabeth-harrison-helped-the-french-resistance---o...

Sorry, it should have been on the book thread. Not thinking.

Honored Contributor

@MamaWick wrote:

@Judaline.  That's just it...it wasn't "Could it be Magic."  Someone (not me) asked how much Corday had to pay in royalties to Manilow for the song.  I responded that it was Chopin being played and not Manilow.

@MamaWick@Judaline, I ddin't ask how much Corday had to pay in royalties.  I have an idea of what something like that costs.

I said unequivocally that there is NO WAY Corday would pay those royalties.  No way he'd pay for a Manilow song or any song by an actual recognizable successful artist.  He is so cheap and so egotistical he writes a lot of the music that plays underneath the scenes HIMSELF.

He won't even invest in a fan to blow the fake foliage or buy (hi, @BarbiHollywood), ANOTHER BENCH.

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Sorry for the confusion, I did not necessarily mean it say it was Manilow's song, but I just thought that by saying that it was easily identified, as it was for me, sorry if anyone was upset I said it was Manilow. I just assumed that everyone would easily know what I meant by saying it was Manilow. I will be more careful next time.

@Shelbelle, as for me I don't think you need to apologize.  Just know that anytime you think you hear a real song -- it's your imagination.

Unless it's classical because, you know, Beethoven, Mozart, Chopin etc. (Deimos has played mostly those three) don't get royalties.  They didn't even get paid half the time.  And if there had been royalties,then Mozart's label probably would have dropped him!!!

It's all good.

I actually love VI playing the piano.  I just wish he'd play Kate off for good.

Honored Contributor

Thanks, @Judaline, for bringing this amazing woman to my attention.

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Shelbelle, as for me I don't think you need to apologize.  Just know that anytime you think you hear a real song -- it's your imagination.

Unless it's classical because, you know, Beethoven, Mozart, Chopin etc. (Deimos has played mostly those three) don't get royalties.  They didn't even get paid half the time.  And if there had been royalties,then Mozart's label probably would have dropped him!!!

It's all good.

I actually love VI playing the piano.  I just wish he'd play Kate off for good.

Thanks, Lori, but as for the storyline, do you agree that we should take the Chopin music as a clue to the kidnapping?

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

Thanks, @Judaline, for bringing this amazing woman to my attention.

You're welcome, lori. Talk about an interesting life-and dangerous-how brave was she???

Esteemed Contributor

No need for apologies, really like ever! 

I agree Chopin could be a clue...or it could be a diversion.  Stefano was always the opera/classical music fanatic, and some people have speculated Kristen.  I don't want it to be my man, Deimos!

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

I can't believe it would be Deimos. He just got back and it seems he wouldn't have had time to arrange all this or even think about it. He's busy giving Kate the business.

Esteemed Contributor

And what would the motive be for Deimos?

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix