Esteemed Contributor

Re: All things DAYS, wk of 07/18

The boom was the last minute of Friday's show with Shawn driving up in a police car and shouting "MOM" as it went off. 

Ah yes, the old trap door...but of course. 

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

@sophiamarie I am the wrong one to answer this becuz we were pre-empted for about 25mins, but I do remember Friday that Shawn was just getting to the house with the bomb in it,  when it went off. Next thing I saw was toDAY and both of them are safe in a tunnel under DiMansion-they found a trap door after Rafe was freed by Hope=she shot off the chains because she had nothing to lose with time running out. Seconds to go and they find a trap door leading to the tunnel-both are hurt but talking and looking for a way out. The bomb evidently went off when they were on the ladder going down to the tunnel.

Esteemed Contributor

Why did Adriana have to go outside (and take her drink) just to call Rafe?  They all act like their calls are top secret.   Ridiculous.

Trusted Contributor

I've watched Days since it started and the summer "teen" story lines are usually pretty lame.  But I do remember liking when Sami was a teen and some of her outrageous behavior.  Seemed more intertaining than this current crop for sure, even though I usually wanted to slap some sense into her!  Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@soonersis Yeah, those were pretty good. That's when Lucas (who thought he was some kind of Casanova) came on the scene in his military school uniform. Boy did he think he was hot stuff. I thought he looked so much like Tom Cruise back then. And then there was Ghoul Girl and Philip-he had bangs and I couldn't stand him. FF to later years I changed my thinking on him, lol.

@twinsister I think that now Adrianna is trying for something between Bianca and Dario so she wanted to leave them alone. She is hopeless. Some women like being single, you know.

Esteemed Contributor

@Judaline  Thx for bringing me up to date.  I will watch toDAY in a little while.

I, too, remember thinking Lucas looked so much like Tom Cruise and remember him first on the scene in his uniform.  I also remember Philip having a face transplant, right????  He lost a leg too.....

I still look at Lucas and think "grandfather????"  No way.  He and Adrienne always looked like mother and son to me.  I hope they don't get together.  Not a good match IMO.  Don't like Hope/Rafe together either.

IMO, this show is so disjointed.  From one DAY to the next, things change without any explanation.  It's like I missed a week or something.  Maybe its just me but things are not what they used to be.....

Honored Contributor

I always thought Lucas resembled Tom Cruise, I also thought Shawn #1 did too.

Esteemed Contributor

@sophiamarie - Lucas and Adrienne got engaged a few weeks ago. Anything can happen in Salem - maybe they won't stay together.

Honored Contributor

@sophiamarie I forgot about the face transplant. Now it gets confusing. Jay Kennth Johnson was the first Philip when they were all teens. I don't recall seeing him much and next thing ya know he's a nuPhilip who went in the service and lost his leg (dunno where he lost his face, lol). Then JKJ returns and now he's Philip again and that was all right with me. Now we have differentPhilip and I hear he's not long for this soap.

You know what, it's pretty funny seeing Rafe's mom 'getting worried 'cause Rafe hasn't called her' when she's been MIA with every major part of Rafe's life in Salem. Maybe the kids should be mad at her instead of Eduardo. To go from the tunnel and not knowing if Hope is dead or alive back to that stupid trio having their drinks and salud-ing all over the place-what a stretch. What a bore.

Esteemed Contributor

@Judaline  The first Phillip was a cute kid.  I remember Victor sent him away to a fancy schmancy expensive hospital for that face tranplant.  He is supposed to have an artificial leg too but the Phillip we are seeing seems to have both legs (in bed, that is)..... Ooops I could say more but I won't..... Anyway, this Phillip doesn't seem to have any of these problems and if this is supposed to be the nuface, then Victor didn't get his money's worth IMO.

How convenient for Hope that there is a bed with a nice, clean pillowcase, just for her.  I put it on "pause" and went over to CNN to watch some of the GOP.  Can't wait for Melania to speak.