Esteemed Contributor

All things DAYS, wk of 02/13

Very sad to read that Al Jarreau passed away.
My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Respected Contributor

Re: All things DAYS, wk of 02/13

Just heard he had just announced his retirement - sad he won't be able to enjoy it.

Esteemed Contributor

We oldtimers remember him fondly on Days with Liz Chandler (Gloria Loring) singing Friends and Lovers.  She actually recorded the song with Carl Anderson, but Al was the one who appeared with her on Days for that. 

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

We need a gripping and interesting story.  The teens, Chabbi and Hope/Eric aren't doing it for me.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

We need a gripping and interesting story.  The teens, Chabbi and Hope/Eric aren't doing it for me.

@AuntG, maybe come July?  I have zero faith in the team that wrote the stuff we've been seeing.

Honored Contributor

@MamaWick wrote:

We oldtimers remember him fondly on Days with Liz Chandler (Gloria Loring) singing Friends and Lovers.  She actually recorded the song with Carl Anderson, but Al was the one who appeared with her on Days for that. 

I missed that one. I loved Al Jarreau. After All and Moonlighting Theme being my faves. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqSHqn6HmYU

Respected Contributor

Al Jarreau was really big in the late 70s and early 80s.  I remember slow dancing to many of his songs at the discos (I'm dating myself!)

Isn't the big wedding this week?

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli  I think I'll be a no-show on that.

Esteemed Contributor

@Judaline  You probably thought I'd lost my mind with posting this on the Days thread.  That's why I thought I should explain...for those who didn't know or didn't remember. 

Trusted Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@DrKelli  I think I'll be a no-show on that.

me too..

today's show,  1/2 hour of whispering...and Eric is even worse than Hope Smiley Sad

Abe and Valerie....yuck...

Steve and Shane...telling the story..