Honored Contributor

Re: All things DAYS, week of 02/20

I wonder if Xander will be the next villain.  Xander vs. Sonny vs. Chad? 

I liked it better when Sonny and Chad were besties at the club.  Chad needs friends.  Andre doesn't cut it.

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

I liked it better when Sonny and Chad were besties at the club.  Chad needs friends.  Andre doesn't cut it.

I cannot stand the guy so I'm hoping they forgot they hired him to come back. He has the strangest accent-like he's trying to do Aussie but just can't nail it.

Honored Contributor

I forgot to say that I'll bet 90 per cent of us knew Eli would show up. I can just see Abe looking down his nose at Val in disdain. Like he's never done anything bad in his life. At least Julie will have a grandson like Maggie has Parker and they can talk about them. Oh, wait, the generation gap would be too much of a gap I think.

Knocking over that angel leads me to believe Abby is off her meds. She should have just ripped out the plaque and left the angel alone. I mean, what did that angel ever do to you, Abby?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Judaline wrote:

@LoriLori wrote:

I cannot stand the guy so I'm hoping they forgot they hired him to come back. He has the strangest accent-like he's trying to do Aussie but just can't nail it.

@Judaline, LOL, I agree with you but the thing is he really is an Aussie.  He won a contest in Australia where the prize was a role on DAYS!  Must not have been a lot of competition.  Maybe he's the only one that entered.

What I posted, 100% wrong.  Sorry!

Esteemed Contributor

Val is a head taller than Abe and Lani is a head taller than JJ.

Somehow, I just can't stand JJ as a detective.  He's so unbelievable.  I  can't respect these guys who have to look up to their girlfriends on TV.  They need to do something about that.  JMO of course.

Val did a terrible job trying to examine Chad, putting the stethoscope under his gown.  It looked so awkward.

Honored Contributor

lori, are there different parts of Australia like there are different parts of England (think Cockney accent)? Because I truly have never heard anything like him and I hope I never have to again.

Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

lori, are there different parts of Australia like there are different parts of England (think Cockney accent)? Because I truly have never heard anything like him and I hope I never have to again.

@Judaline, I would think so, yes but -- I was totally wrong.  I confused an actor named Alexander with the character named Xander.  The actor Alexander is the Aussie who won the contest.  He played a character named Fynn and stayed fired.

The guy playing Xander is named Paul Telfer.  He was last seen when the villains busted out of jail.  And he's Scottish.  I don't remember him at alL!

Sorry for the confusion! 

Respected Contributor

Don't know about anyone else, but I did not like the nasally, echoey song that was being played while Chad thought about Abigail.  The only thing worse would have been Claire singing it. 

JJ was looking a little "Mad Men" today.Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

In the older movies, men used to wear what they called Elevator shoes when they needed to be taller and or/the woman wore flats. I think Vera Ellen always wore flats-I guess she was tall, I don't know. I'm sure Corday could care less who's tall or who's short. Cybil Shepherd once said  she wasn't going to ruin her feet for any guy. And I always looked at her feet in everything she was ever in and she always wore flats because she didn't want to ruin her feet-not because she didn't want to tower over some guy .LOL

I feel the same way about JJ. To me he's still that high school (NOT COLLEGE) kid with the backpack playing detective. He's just not believable.

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@Judaline wrote:

@Judaline, I would think so, yes but -- I was totally wrong.  I confused an actor named Alexander with the character named Xander.  The actor Alexander is the Aussie who won the contest.  He played a character named Fynn and stayed fired.

The guy playing Xander is named Paul Telfer.  He was last seen when the villains busted out of jail.  And he's Scottish.  I don't remember him at alL!

Sorry for the confusion! 

I knew it, he couldn't have been a true Aussie. But it sure isn't a Scottish accent, either. Maybe he was trying to lose his Scottish accent and developed this............this.................I just don't know what it is. Can't believe you don't remember him. Maybe google his name slash DAYS for a scene. It'll come back to you soon enough. He had strange teeth I remember. I want to stop putting him down but the accent, well, I think he's putting it on and putting us on. He's doing himself an injustice. It's not helping. Yes, Fynn was an Aussie for sure.