Respected Contributor

Alicia Witt joins the cast of The Walking Dead

Alicia Witt — best known for her roles on The Sopranos and Justified — announced on Thursday that she’s joining the cast of The Walking Dead during season 6.

There are no details on who Witt will be playing or how long she’s sticking around, but chances are her casting with the show about to wrap up filming on season 6 seems to suggest that Witt might be making an appearance around the same time as Negan (Jeffrey Dean Morgan).

It’s been well documented that the big bad from The Walking Dead comics will be showing up by the end of season 6 and Witt might be part of his infamous group known as The Saviors.

Then again, Witt could join Ethan Embry as a famous actor cast for the show who doesn’t end up sticking around very long.

Either way, Witt will be showing up before The Walking Dead wraps up the end of this season so keep an eye out for her first appearance to see if she’s a new player or just another face who won’t make it until season 7.

Respected Contributor

Re: Alicia Witt joins the cast of The Walking Dead

I only know her from a variety of Hallmark movies, but she is definitely NOT one of my favorites.  Something about how her hair always looks 'unkept" to me, and I don't think of her as one of their better actresses. And yes, I know they do her hair and makeup, etc. Perhaps it's just the roles they give her.

Super Contributor

I remember her on Law & Order: Criminal Intent

I have also seen her a few times on the HallMark Movie channel

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." MLK
Honored Contributor

Can you believe that is one show I don't watch?  I just can't wrap my head around a bunch of dead people dedicated to the show.

My son in law has literally begged me to watch it.  I turned him on to some of my favorites (now his) such as Banshee and he wants to do the same for me.  We sometimes discuss some of our favorite shows as they are too violent for my daughter.  Ha!

I will say that I really like Alicia Witt and from what I know of the show I would think she'd be REALLY good on it.

She has a way of delivering her lines 'dead pan' (sorry play on words).  She seems like someone I would like in 'real' life because I like people who have a dry kind of sense of humor.

Please come back and comment on what you guys think of her performances because, although I don't watch the show, I read most of your comments; and am interested in her.

Honored Contributor

Thank you for this update, @lmt

@Annabellethecat66, Do you remember Alicia Witt from the mid 90s show Cybill (Cybill Shepherd)?  I loved her as the daughter on that show.

That was also when I first saw Christine Baranski.  I liked Alan Rosenberg as one of Cybill's ex-husbands, too.

I also liked the character Alicia Witt played in the Queen Latifah movie, Last Holiday.  (Queen Latifah is diagnosed with a fatal disease and takes one last glorious holiday in the Alps.  Fabulous scenery, and a heartwarming movie.) 

Spoiler
Of course, it has the expected happy ending.

By the way, think again about taking a chance on The Walking Dead.  I didn't think I'd like it either, but the characters are so wonderfully portrayed.  What redeems it for me is that so many of them want to do the right thing in horrible circumstances.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach  I do remember her, especially on Cybil.  I'm posting her bio here.  I found it fascinating some of the facts about her, as I was surprised at how long she's been around.

Althought they don't look similar for some reason whenever I think of Alicia Witt I sometimes think parallel to Claire Danes.

I don't know if it's because they both have been around quite awhile, just don't know.  Maybe it's the 'attitude' in which they deliver their lines (not all bubbly).

It would be nice to see her star in her own TV show much like Claire Danes.  I think, again, like Claire Danes, she could carry a popular show as a lead.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001860/bio

Respected Contributor

@milkbone wrote:

I remember her on Law & Order: Criminal Intent

I have also seen her a few times on the HallMark Movie channel

I know her from Cybill and from the Hallmark movies. She's in one of my favorite Hallmark Christmas movies, A Very Merry Mix Up. I also liked her in the Hallmark romance movie, Backyard Wedding.

When her new Hallmark Christmas movie came out last year, I'm Not Ready For Christmas, she was on Home & Family plugging it. It is actually her that was singing the title of the movie.

And if anyone remembers the 80's sci-fi movie, Dune, she played Kyle MacLachlan's little sister. A truly awful movie!

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

Can you believe that is one show I don't watch?  I just can't wrap my head around a bunch of dead people dedicated to the show.

My son in law has literally begged me to watch it.  I turned him on to some of my favorites (now his) such as Banshee and he wants to do the same for me.  We sometimes discuss some of our favorite shows as they are too violent for my daughter.  Ha!

I will say that I really like Alicia Witt and from what I know of the show I would think she'd be REALLY good on it.

She has a way of delivering her lines 'dead pan' (sorry play on words).  She seems like someone I would like in 'real' life because I like people who have a dry kind of sense of humor.

Please come back and comment on what you guys think of her performances because, although I don't watch the show, I read most of your comments; and am interested in her.

You really should give the show a try. It is one of the best shows I've ever seen.

Believe me, a few years ago when the show was just coming on AMC, I would see the commercials for it and I would shake my head and roll my eyes. A show about zombies? Based on a comic book? On AMC? What were they thinking?!

But then the show started getting good buzz AND stellar ratings (and reviews!). So before the second season started, I watched the first season when they had a catch-up marathon. I was hooked!

The walkers (they NEVER call them zombies on the show) are really secondary. The show is really about the human characters and how to survive in a world where HUMANS are far, far more dangerous than the walkers.

Honored Contributor

@lmt  Thank you for your comments.  That is exactly what my son-in-law says, "It's about the interaction between the people".  If I do decide to fit it in, I shall give some of the credit to you and your expert comments.  I'm serious, you made good sense.

Trusted Contributor

Isn't she currently filming Nashville?

Good to be in demand, eh?