Esteemed Contributor

Alaskan Bush People: Will this be last season?

Looks like Billy Bown and one of the kids entered a guilty plea admitting they didn't live full time in Alaska from 2009 to 2013.  Could this be the last season?  I'm surprised they lasted this long!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Alaskan Bush People: Will this be last season?

[ Edited ]

Here is a link about recent court proceeding and background info:

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2015/11/20/alaskan-bush-people-stars-admit-fraud-theft-in-court...

Since they withdrew the plea and are petitioning to have other charges dropped, they may be able to renew after all.

New Contributor

I hope they continue the series although I worry about the kids finding true love out there in the bush....the ladies are between scarce to none.

Esteemed Contributor

I enjoyed this show for the first season, but then read all the background family info on the Internet.  What a bunch of phonies!!  Stopped watching right there and then....

Trusted Contributor

We still watch the show and enjoy it. The scenery is beautiful. 

Valued Contributor

I don't believe anything on ANY OF THESE reality shows, they are all scripted and fake.  If you really seat back and THINK, how much it cost to pay the production team, camera men, makeup artists, caters, drivers etc to MAKE A SHOW, how could these shows be real, with the producers not KNOWING in advance what is going to happen from day to day, just following people "hoping" for something interesting to happen.

ALL THESE REALITY SHOWS ARE F-A-K-E!!

Honored Contributor

I love the Alaska shows, even the one about the railroad but this show seemed to be a bunch of poor white trash and never interested me.  I'm surprised they didn't cancel it immediately.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Faithful01 wrote:

I hope they continue the series although I worry about the kids finding true love out there in the bush....the ladies are between scarce to none.

True, the boys will have a hard time.  But isn't there a daughter too?  She'll have the pick of the litter.

Honored Contributor

If you google Billy you'll see that he's been doing bad things for many years. He's not that old but he appears to be aging quickly and his wife looks bad too. I think both of them are experiencing health problems. I'm wondering if that might stop the show as well. I realize  things in these reality shows are staged, but he looks pretty bad. It's terrible that he and some others in his family are such con artists. My husband watches the show and I do watch it, though much of it's so difficult to believe it's laughable.

Esteemed Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

@Faithful01 wrote:

True, the boys will have a hard time.  But isn't there a daughter too?  She'll have the pick of the litter.

They have two girls:  Snow Bird is about 19 or 20.  Raindrop Merry Christmas (aka Rainy) is about 12 or 13.  Got to love those names!