Respected Contributor

As a life long viewer of ABC soaps, I was saddened to hear of her passing.  She is and always will be the Grande Dame of Soaps.

Thanks for all of the memories I shared with my Mom, thanks for bringing the joy, tears and anger when you killed of my favorite characters.  And thanks for bringing the soap world into my world.  Rest in Peace Ms. Nixon

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

My heart hurt when I heard this today.  How propethic they close GH and she passes on the same week.  She will be forever missed.  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

Agnes Nixon, the daytime TV titan behind "All My Children," died early Wednesday morning.

Agnes created "All My Children" ... as well as "One Life to Live." She also worked on "Another World" and "Guiding Light."

Agnes' son tells TMZ, his mother died at her home in Pennsylvania from complications of Parkinson's and pneumonia. He says she had been writing her memoir, "My Life to Live," and just completed it last weekend.

Agnes' soaps ... 'Children' and 'One Life' ... ran for more than 40 seasons each, earning her multiple Daytime Emmy awards and even a lifetime achievement award in 2010. She was 93.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

But, she had a great life, able to write, which I would guess was a passion with her.

Honored Contributor

Agnes Nixon, rest in peace,

Image result for rest in peace animated candle  images

Honored Contributor

A fine biography, worth noting and remembering.

She had a very sensitive ethic regarding what should be portrayed in a soap. 

I think I enjoyed everything she ever touched. I can remember her being "brought in" when some of the, went off the track.

Oh how I wish my lost soaps were still on!

Valued Contributor
Oh, how I STILL miss One Life to Live! I've been home from work the past few days nursing a bad cold and whenever I'm home, I still find myself wishing I could turn on the tv at 2 p.m. and see that soap. Just the other morning, I was channel changing and noticed that one of the characters that used to be on OLTL is now on Days of our Lives. He used to play Rex. I actually tuned in. Wow, she was a true pioneer woman of the soaps and I, too, want to thank her for all the great memories as well. RIP.
Honored Contributor

@LeoGrl wrote:
Oh, how I STILL miss One Life to Live! I've been home from work the past few days nursing a bad cold and whenever I'm home, I still find myself wishing I could turn on the tv at 2 p.m. and see that soap. Just the other morning, I was channel changing and noticed that one of the characters that used to be on OLTL is now on Days of our Lives. He used to play Rex. I actually tuned in. Wow, she was a true pioneer woman of the soaps and I, too, want to thank her for all the great memories as well. RIP.

@LeoGrl  We have three of your OLTL peeps on GH.  That is not an invitation to watch the show.  It has steadily gone downhill since we lost the queen's touch.  

Respected Contributor

@LeoGrl wrote:

@LeoGrl, I started recording DOOL just to watch Rex!!  One of my favs!!!

And yes, @Laura14 is correct, John McBain, Jessica Buchanan and Todd Manning are all on GH right now.  She is also correct, since they fired Ron Carlivati, the writing has gone downhill....FAST

But it is still nice to see the familiar faces!!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Valued Contributor
Thanks Redwingsgal and Laura14! YES, I have watched GH on occasion. I knew some of them defected over there after the internet version of One Life to Live failed. I actually tuned in GH today Smiley Happy since I'm still home sick. I do love that I can see the faces of John McBain and Todd Manning but's it's not the same. Sniff, sniff Smiley Sad Another thing I miss is One Life to Live's sets. I always found them charming---Dorian's house and Vicky's house. Remember Angel Square? Ahhhh, even if somehow, someway that someone could bring back this soap back in a half hour version, I'd be thrilled.