Honored Contributor

Re: ATTN: Judaline (not DAYS related)

mama, whatever. At least if someone is looking for me for some reason I am here and a couple other places. I always like hearing about what the actors are up to, just not DOOL right now, so this is a good thing you started whether you meant to or not.

Esteemed Contributor

@LoriLori & @Judaline and any other fan of Mad Men -

I was going to post this on the DAYs thread as off topic, but will do it here instead.

Matthew Weiner the creator of Mad Men is  working on a new series - The Romanovs.  Based on Czar Nicholas and his family during the revolution.   It is only eight episodes and will air next year on Amazon. Certainly is diferent from Mad Men.   Might be interesting, but I think you have to belong to Amazon Prime to view their shows.  That leaves me out, since I am not a member of Prime.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jud:  It's swell seeing you again.    Just in case you didn't see my parting words to you on the DOOL thread - I am saying it again.

"Don't reach for the moon - you already have the stars" - (or something like that)....... 

Honored Contributor

@sophiamarie  You said it so well. Loved the movie. Loved the line.

Honored Contributor

@twinsister Thanks so much for stopping by. This is fun. There are always things I want to say on the DAYS board but don't want to bore people-never sure of their interest. You got me all excited about the Romanov series then, bam! Dashed my hopes! I don't have Amazon Prime either. And I'm not paying another dime to watch tv. What a racket.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sophiamarie  Actually I think it went something like this: "Oh, Jerry, we have the moon-don't let's reach ask for the stars.'' I think that's when he did the two cigarette thing-something he did every time they met.

Honored Contributor

@twinsister, I have Amazon Prime and I'll skip the series about the Romanovs.  We know how it ends LOL.

I'm going to try and watch Feud based on people's comments.  I don't care about the actresses but I love "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane."  Just flashing on Bette Davis singing "I've Written a Letter to Daddy", that ridiculous rendition of the song is making me laugh as I type.

Honored Contributor

Remember when we watched the Casey Anthony trial together on the DAYS thread?  Those were the DAYS.  Some people are so touchy now.  We (and @snowball and OT) would go off topic more often than not.  Our conversations were more interesting than the show by a lot.

I love us!

Esteemed Contributor

@Judaline - Now Voyager!!!  So glad you mentioned Jerry and the two cigarettes.  I couldn't remember what movie had that line.   Love that movie and what a transformation for Charlotte!

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori Yes, we were something to write home about.

Remember when the 3 Lucys made you an honorable Lucy? You are the only one to hold this distinguished honor- to this DAY.