Esteemed Contributor

Re: ATTN: Judaline (not DAYS related)

@Judaline I think he was often confused with Tab Hunter.  I read that at one point Troy was  homeless and living in Central Park in his later years.  Very sad.

Honored Contributor

@twinsister  Same with Betty Hutton. She ended up as housekeeper to a priest and then when she couldn't do that anymore she somehow became homeless. I hate hearing that about nice people.

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori  I have seen posters with like 11,000 posts (and more) and they are still only 'honored' contibutors. What's so special about us? Can't figure it out. 

Honored Contributor

@Judaline, "Honored" is the highest rank.  I agree it's counterintuitive; I Esteemed seems better than Honored.  I've won honors but this is the first time I've been esteemed LOL. 

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori, oh, really? I was sure I used to be honored. Oh, well, I can see how they wouldn't honor me- as much as I bash this website and their managing of it. Thanks for cluing me in.

Honored Contributor

@Judaline, LOL.  It's all based on post totals.  I doubt I'll be honored.

But the weekend of the inauguration I did get a 24 hour time out and it was so worth it LOL.  They wouldn't even let me read the board!   I only use a single device.  My IP address was completely banned and when I would click on the site it would tell me how many minutes (24 hours expressed in minutes LOL!) I had left in the ban.  A countdown clock!  I am still laughing now as I write about it!!!!

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori  Ridiculous.

Honored Contributor

@Judaline, kinda funny too!  How are you? 

Did you know I saw Beauty and the Beast in 3-D this week?  It was a rare treat, with my visiting nephew and his wife, and it was magical!  Pure movie magic!  Mom missed Angela Lansbury (Mrs. Potts, the teapot, in the original) but she couldn't have done it.  Emma Thompson took that part and did it well.

I haven't been to a movie in a long time and seeing this movie, and in 3-D, was the high point of, oh, everything.  :swoon:  Don't know if your son likes theatrical films, maybe otherwise a great outing with DD and the grand-lovelies?

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori  I'll venture to say you're a Harry Potter fan. Just guessing. No, my son has very selective tastes. He won't watch anything but his old favorites. There are some movies he takes to time after time-Wizard of Oz being one. It's a long movie and he watches like it's the first time. Why that movie? I don't know-can't interest him in many things. He does love The Muppets Take Manhattan, but so do I. I don't know, it's weird what he likes. Thanks

I watched the Brontes, did you? I learned a lot, then this a.m. I went to Wikipedia and learned soooooo much more. Fascinating. I was under the impression it was a series, but it was a stand alone. Well done. 

Honored Contributor

@Judaline, I am.  It's funny because a lot of friends were pushing me to read Harry Potter books, but I thought it was something it isn't and I didn't think it was for me so I didn't jump aboard till the fourth book.  And then I was hooked.

The books are longer and more complicated than I'd like (she does that with her adult books too; have you read her Cormoran Strike mysteries?) but they're brilliant and entertaining and the movies are fantastic. 

Oh, my dear darling Alan Rickman, another one of my secret husbands, how I miss you so.  He plays a character of Sheakespearean proportions in the HP movies, the most complicated character in all the whole long series, and he's genius.

The Muppets Take Manhattan is fun!  I'm glad he likes fun stuff since he watches over and over.

I did not watch the Brontes.  I'm a big fan of HBO's "Big Little Lies" miniseries.  It's a fantastic adaptation of a terrific book.  The seventh and final episode is next week.  I binge-watched the first five episodes for a second time yesterday and enjoyed them even more than the first time. 

Don't know if you read Liane Moriarty?  It's one of the best adaptations of a book I've seen, almost as great as Olive Kitteridge though the latter is a much more serious piece.  Can't recommend it highly enough.

Then I watched Feud.  It's not Shakespeare but I've had a lot of fun with it.