Respected Contributor

ANyone Here Watch "Columbo"?

I can't sleep a lot of nights, and found, to my delight, that old Columbo episodes are on Sundance channel on Tuesay, Wednesday and I think Saturday early AM hours ( 2-5AM)...

This week it's all episodes from the early 1970s which are a hoot....hard wired phones, computers that take up an entire wall, war games played on a tabletop with a world map and generals poking them with sticks, early American cars that seem to be 40 feet long and flat sided ugly....!!!! (Last night it was a 1970ish Cadillac DeVille...UGGGG LEEEE!!!)

The clothes, the decor, Columbo's lunch of chili and a glass of iced tea cost $6.25 and he almost fainted.....too funny!!!(1974)

last night's episode had Jack Cassify ( David Cassidy' father)...he always plays a bad guy and he's great at it!!!...with his blond shellacked hair,tight turtleneck, leisure suit jacket still on while having a drink at home late at night, a CIGARETTE!!!! EGADS!!!!!

....sheeeshh....far cry from how WE dress now around home ( And out too!!!)

Anyway...Columbo ran til about 1993...and when you think of how corny it was when it began, by the time it ended in 1993, "Law and Order" had begun it's run....how different police shows were by then!!! When you compare the two from that time it's amazing!!!

Anyway....it's entertaining. I've mentioned before that I'm kinda stuck on early 1970s era films mostly because I was about 14-16 then and it reminds me so much of my growing up in NY....

My youth is now "vintage"!!! 

So am I.

Honored Contributor

Re: ANyone Here Watch "Columbo"?

Of course, we watch Columbo!  Have seen each episode multiple times.  Our favorite is the one with Janet Leigh but the Jack Cassidy ones and some of the Patrick McGoohan ones are also favorites.  Also the one with Fisher Stevens as a Hollywood director is one of my favorites.  Never get tired of Columbo!

Respected Contributor

Peter Falk in that role was so good.  The rumpled clothing, funny car, glass eye, pretending to be a bumbler, talking about his wife so often..

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Love Columbo...it airs 3 times on Saturday on Cozi TV, 10am & 8pm to 11pm. Still miss watching Columbo on MeTV at 8pm Sunday, never missed it.

Esteemed Contributor

I love Columbo and have seen each episode several times.  My favorite is the pilot - Prescription Murder with Gene Barry and I like the early ones with John Cassavettes and Robert Conrad.  My favorite from the later years is with Fay Dunaway.  I watch Columbo on COZI every Saturday.

Honored Contributor

Walmart has the ENTIRE SERIES as seen on TV

I bought it. The 2 shows about Mrs. Columbo I didn't like.

Every time a TV show has a good leading man or woman they have to go and ruin it with adding unnecessary characters.

Nobody cared about Mrs. Columbo

Gunsmoke was ruined when they thought James Arness couldn't carry the show with Doc and Ms. Kitty and Chester .

they had to go and add that stupid, dirty Festus. I quit watching.

Bewitched was going just fine with Samantha, Darrin and the mother, then, they had to bring in cousin this and that, uncle so and so, saddle her with 2 kids.

When a show is popular and a hit leave it the **** alone.

Honored Contributor

@Another new name Sue wrote:

Peter Falk in that role was so good.  The rumpled clothing, funny car, glass eye, pretending to be a bumbler, talking about his wife so often..

That glass eye was real he lost one eye in a car accident. He had false teeth also.  He wrote a book. Check it out. He left out some family problems but you can read about that business online.

He was offered the Godfather lead and unfortunately turned  it down.

Brando, was horrible. Shame, Falk didn't take it, what a loss.

Trusted Contributor

Love Columbo! One of the early solution/clues was that cutting edge technology for the time....Woman Very Happy a fax machine Woman Very Happy....retro world for sure.

Honored Contributor

If you all have never seen 'Murder by Death' with a star cast be sure to get from library or on the cheap with 'A'.

His character was a  lot like a  person I used to know.  LOL

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone Here Watch "Columbo"?

If you all have never seen 'Murder by Death' with a star cast be sure to get from library or on the cheap with 'A'.

His character was a  lot like a  person I used to know.  LOL