Honored Contributor

Re: ANY BLUE BLOODS VIEWERS?

@okaywitheasypay wrote:

I recently tried binge watching on Amazon but my wifi didn't cooperate. I have caught reruns on ION. It was on back to back recently, but I am trying to watch from season one so I can have everything in order.

I saw one episode where Jennifer Esposito  (character) was shot in the head while working as an undercover 'working girl' then on the next episode (on ION) appeared just fine. So I am trying to sort it out also.Smiley Frustrated

Did the character die then?

This show has very few story arcs and when they do, they are for only a few episodes.  Many things do not carry over from episode to episode.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@Aviatrix wrote:

I love to watch this show for Tom Selleck and the scenes of the Family around the dining table. Tom Selleck is cut from the same acting cloth as John Wayne. He is a man who you can depend on to lead and protect. We need men like those to inspire our boys to grow up to be good people. I enjoy seeing the family scenes where the adults talk about the problems of daily life and how to deal with them. They pass on wisdom to the younger family members. I admire what they try to explain. They are all imperfect, but try to improve. Those are fine lessons for every age group.

@Aviatrix, Great post!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Love this show. Can't wait for the return I think on Sept. 23.

I do think that Jennifer Esposito was a better partner for Danny. She is a much more believable actress that Baez. To me it seems like she is reading cue cards in her dialogue.

Love watching Danny's boys grow up. The family interaction is respectfull and fun to watch. Tom Selleck is not bad either !!!

Honored Contributor

@Aviatrix wrote:

I love to watch this show for Tom Selleck and the scenes of the Family around the dining table. Tom Selleck is cut from the same acting cloth as John Wayne. He is a man who you can depend on to lead and protect. We need men like those to inspire our boys to grow up to be good people. I enjoy seeing the family scenes where the adults talk about the problems of daily life and how to deal with them. They pass on wisdom to the younger family members. I admire what they try to explain. They are all imperfect, but try to improve. Those are fine lessons for every age group.

@Aviatrix

I don't know if Tom Selleck has been typecast, or these are the only types of characters his agent seeks out when Tom is looking for work.   The Frank Reagan character is a very good fit for Tom.

Come to think of it ......  maybe I'm wrong, but I don't believe I've ever seen Tom Selleck cast as a criminal or bad guy.    Anyone think of anything?

Honored Contributor

@wakefield64 wrote:

Love this show. Can't wait for the return I think on Sept. 23.

I do think that Jennifer Esposito was a better partner for Danny. She is a much more believable actress that Baez. To me it seems like she is reading cue cards in her dialogue.

Love watching Danny's boys grow up. The family interaction is respectfull and fun to watch. Tom Selleck is not bad either !!!

@wakefield64

Maybe I'll change my mind after I see a couple more episodes with Jennifer Esposito as Danny's partner, but I think she's actually too pretty to be cast as a NYPD Police Detective.   She looks like (to me) the ideal casting for her would be an art expert, a CEO  or a VP in Marketing.  

As for Baez,  she always looks like she tried to cut her bangs herself and made a mess of it.   JMO.     

Esteemed Contributor

I love Blue Bloods and am looking forward to its' return.  Some of their location shooting is done in my neighborhood.  Would love to see Tom Selleck in person.

Esteemed Contributor

I read where the two boys are actually brothers and the actor who plays Frank's father is just seven years older than Tom S.

Esteemed Contributor

Haven't watched it since I found out that Tom Selleck is on the Board of Directors of the NRA

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was a huge fan of Tom Selleck when he played Magnum P.I.  He was fun and playful, but still a good guy you could depend on.  Loved to look at his dimples when he smiled!

I am also a fan of Blue Bloods because I like the whole family dynamic - and Donnie Wahlberg.  (Not a fan of the Erin character and how she treats her brother Danny.)   When I first started watching I was a little disappointed in Tom Selleck.  He is always so grim and huffs and puffs a lot.  When he smiles his whole face lights up.  I like that a lot better.  Maybe he does need a girlfriend to make him smile more.

Honored Contributor

I was never a fan of Magnum PI, his voice was too high pitched and whiney back then.

I fell in love with him when he was on Friends playing Monica's older boyfriend.

And then the Jesse Stone movies.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN