Honored Contributor

I only started watching this show in the most recent season, so don't know a lot of the background.  Tonight I saw an episode from 2011 and Jennifer Esposito is Danny's partner.  What happened to her?   Was she killed off ... or promoted ... or what?

Contributor

Re: ANY BLUE BLOODS VIEWERS?

I am, love that show. Re: Jennifer Esposito's departure, I don't recall what her excuse was for leaving, but she wasn't killed off. On the IMDB website, her biography says she developed celiac disease and it began to conflict with her work and CBS dropped her. In case you don't know, IMDB is the Internet Movie Data Base. It also says since she left she got married again and owns a bakery in Manhattan. HTH

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44, I have watched Blue Bloods from the beginning.  Esposito was Danny's partner for season 1. Her departure was not explained on the show.  She was let go because of a health issue for which the producers and CBS showed no compassion. You can find the details with an online search.  

An opinion of mine is that the first couple of seasons the only female whose part came across as more than window dressing was Bridget Moynahan. To their credit the producers have changed this, and now the roles of the work partners of Danny and Jamie, and Danny's wife have a little more substance. There are now episodes where these characters are key parts of the storyline Woman Happy

Valued Contributor

Jennifer Esposito was let go from Blood Bloods.  She says she had health problems and had to leave.  (They did not kill her character off.)  She  than became a partner in a glutten free bakery in New York City.  That didn't work out for her, and I read that she is being sued by her partners.  As of now she is supposed to become a regular on NCIS in the fall.  I hope this works out for her because I really like her as an actress.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

In her last episode, the character was seen packing up her desk. The character was taking a leave of absence to straighten out her personal life. She left during the third season. 

Jennifer left because she needed a reduced shooting schedule and the producers couldn't/wouldn't meet her request. Apparently the celiac had worsened during that third season. 

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44

WGN and Ion re-run Blood Bloods 7 days a week.  You can catch up quickly if you have both channels ;o)

This is my #1 show and can't wait for the return next month.

I catch at least one episode every day.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Another thread on here said that Jennifer Esposito is going to be on a new show this fall, I forget which one.

It was sort of a thing that Danny had a new partner every week for the first few episodes before they settled on Jennifer Esposito.  And then he had the Voo Doo partner for a few episodes before Baez.  It took me a long time to warm up to Baez (mainly because her bangs make me nuts).  I noticed that in real life she does not have the bangs, so I'm assuming that's a wig for some reason.  I haven't taken the time to go out and see why that is.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love this show.  I miss Jennifer.  She was the best partner Danny had.  I'm still not warm to Baez and I know the actress from her GH days when she had long dreads.  I think she is a beautiful girl and a good actress but not tough enough for the part she plays here.  

Honored Contributor

I know I binge watched back Blue Blood shows several different times last winter and the year before.  Rarely watched when they're new.  I love the family and would have a really hard time losing one of them.  I don't really care who the actors are around them. 

Respected Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

Another thread on here said that Jennifer Esposito is going to be on a new show this fall, I forget which one.

It was sort of a thing that Danny had a new partner every week for the first few episodes before they settled on Jennifer Esposito.  And then he had the Voo Doo partner for a few episodes before Baez.  It took me a long time to warm up to Baez (mainly because her bangs make me nuts).  I noticed that in real life she does not have the bangs, so I'm assuming that's a wig for some reason.  I haven't taken the time to go out and see why that is.

Her bangs make me nuts, too! LOL I don't know why. I just really resent them for some reason & it's all I seem to focus on. I do like the show. I love the dinner table scenes.