Respected Contributor

Re: ABC Sunday Fun and Games

[ Edited ]

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

The only show that kept my attention was "$100,000 Pyramid."  It seemed to stay the truest to the original and didn't so much go for the laughs.

I liked Pyramid the best, too!  Most "family friendly" with the content.  Loved the "competition" between Sherri and Anthony!  Poor Anthony didn't stand a chance.  Speaking of him, I like "To Tell the Truth" with Anthony, his mama (which should have a show of her own, hee hee) and Betty White.  Not too fond of the other panelists, though.  Will continue to watch because of those Anthony, mama and Betty!Cat Very Happy

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Honored Contributor

I watched Family Feud.  I have had enough of Michael Strahan - it seems like he is everywhere.  I turned the TV off and went back to reading my book.  

Honored Contributor

I taped all three  but have only watched FF so far.  Not really a fan of Steve Harvey.

Esteemed Contributor

I watched all three. I'm a fan already of Family Feud, but it seems like they really dumbed down the questions - if you don't win the money at the end, you must be pretty dumb.

Also enjoyed $100,000 Pyramid. Both of those hosts are natural and fit the genre.

But, Baldwin on Match Game is weird to me. Feels like everything is scripted. That BJ Smooth (?) was kind of annoying too (admittedly sometimes fun, but mostly annoying.)
Respected Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

Did anyone else watch this tonight? I think most of us here grew up watching these classic shows. 

I saw Celebrity Family Feud, which really isn't new, but they seemed to turn up the raunch factor. One of the guesses was way too much, and Steve went over and singled out a 9-year old boy in the audience. I just hope the joke went over his head.

After watching that, I was afraid we were going to get the R-rated version of these classic game shows! 

The $100,00 Pyramid was better. Michael Strahan did a good job, but he's no ****** Clark. Tonight Sherri Shepherd and Anthony Anderson were the celebrities. 

I think I"ll pass on Match Game redone. Alec Baldwin is hosting and Rosie O'Donnell is one of the celebrities. Not two of my favorite people. Smiley LOL

I felt the Pyramid questions for the 50,000 were way too easy to guess. Other than that, great show.

Honored Contributor

I've already seen how nasty Family Feud w/Steve is now.

Sheri Shepherd had her own disgusting version of The Newlywed Game before he figured out how to pollute this one.

I enjoy Match Game every morning.  The original one from the 70's.  Can understand how many here wouldn't enjoy it, but I sure do.

Didn't see any of the *new versions* that you're talking about, but hoped they would've been good.  Guess not.

I only watch a tiny bit of TV--so no big deal.

Honored Contributor

This will be easy for me to pass up.  No ABC for me on Sunday nights!!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

We watched them all. Never again. My head was reeling from a lot of raunchy stupidity.

mm

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".
Respected Contributor

I watched Pyramid and Match Game.  Passed on FF.  I'm just soooo over Steve Harvey.  He is funny in short small doses but goes on wayyyyy too long for my tastes.  I'm no prude by any measure, but that show has gotten much too much in 'that' arena.

I always liked the Pyramid show.   I like shows where people have to be able to think fast and make connections.   I thought Michael S. did a good enough job and he may loosen up and seem more relaxed as / if the show continues.  

I thought Alec B. did a great job on Match Game.  He was funny, chimed in when appropriate but didn't dominate like Steve Harvey tries to do.  It wasn't all about him (Alec).  I did think some of the set ups were too long but overall, liked the show and the panelists.