Respected Contributor

Re: A really icky men's underwear commercial

[ Edited ]

@lmtep wrote:

Haven't seen it but I found the one for  Lume rather gross and in very poor taste.  

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=2364724970489760

Well THAT certainly was interesting... 

@faeriemoon   I don't mind that product being advertised.  I am sure that it is an issue that many would like addressed and would appreciate knowing about it.

Unfortunately, that commercial was a hot mess.  I am amazed that the manufacturer approved it.  It could have been handled so much better.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Respected Contributor

The commercial is doing its job....you're talking about it.

Honored Contributor

I think it's gross.

Honored Contributor

@VancouverUSAgal wrote:

I think the worst commercials are those for toilet paper talking about itching, squirming and cleaning "down there.". Just because they're bears doesn't make it something I want to think about. 

@VancouverUSAgal. You mean you don't like the well wishes to "enjoy the go?"  🙄

Honored Contributor

@Pook 

These distasteful commercials come into our private homes unbidden, and without warning between shows we've invited.

If we invite a friend into our home, would we find it polite, acceptable if they chose to introduce these issues into the conversation? I can promise, they would never be invited to my home again, nor would I accept an invitation to their's.

Respected Contributor

@occasionalrain   You can always use the remote.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Trusted Contributor

I think the guy's facial expressions are ugly and stupid.  I would have liked to have seen George Clooney instead...at least he always puts a smile on my face. 

Esteemed Contributor

Face it, the  younger generations don't have the same hang ups about the human body that their grandmas do.

They are not embarrassed to talk frankly about the human body and hygiene.

And they don't clutch their pearls  over commercials about body odor, or support for "the boys".

Thank goodness the days of whispering about being "not-so-fresh" are gone.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

Face it, the  younger generations don't have the same hang ups about the human body that their grandmas do.

They are not embarrassed to talk frankly about the human body and hygiene.

And they don't clutch their pearls  over commercials about body odor, or support for "the boys".

Thank goodness the days of whispering about being "not-so-fresh" are gone.

@Anonymous032819. In the interest of human dignity, there are some issues that should remain private. That is not the same as "pearl-clutching" over them.   Of course, there will always be people who don't have much or don't care much about dignity.

Trusted Contributor

Clever and puts a smile on my face.