Super Contributor

A movie re-run you can't stop watching

I enjoy surfing my cable channels.  When I come across SPEED, I absolutely positively have to stop and watch it.  I love that movie!  I am watching it right now.

Your can't pass-up movie?

Trusted Contributor

Re: A movie re-run you can't stop watching

Speed is a very enjoyable film. I've noticed it's been on TV a lot lately; I watched it again last month.

The movies I can't usually pass up are just about any made by Stanley Kubrick - 2001, Dr. Strangelove, and recently Barry Lyndon.

Also Penny Serenade, Wurthering Heights and Jane Eyre. Many more!

Trusted Contributor

Mine is Love ActuallyHeart!  I just love that movie.  It's been on Showtime or Cinemax just about everyday.  And I've watched it each time I catch it. The funny thing is that I did not ever see it until Christmas Eve at my sister's.  I could not believe I had never watched it before!

I also found the dvd in Fye (I think) and bought it.  I was able to download it to my ipad & phone also.  I am addicted to that movie!

Honored Contributor

classic movies......THE GODFATHER and GOODFELLAS. i can never NOT watch.

today i have been working from home and i noticed that the mini-series ROOTS was on.......i have been watching it from the beginning.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Laura and Rebecca

Clue and Moonstruck

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

There are so many favorites I wouldn't pass up, since your question was which "movie", I'll stick to mentioning one.  Funny, as I was reading your post, I was contemplating watching Moonstruck (a favorite).  The movie came out 30 years ago, but it's not on cable often at all.  I have Netflix and Amazon Prime, and it's a rental for 3.99.  Worth the money for sure...I watched To Wong Foo Thanks For Everything Julie Newmar last night, another favorite.  My dinner is ready and just about to push play!  Enjoy your movie night everyone!  

Whoops, I did mention more than one movie!😁

Trusted Contributor

My Cousin Vinny.   Still laugh every time.  My husband loves hearing the girl talk about cars in detail.

Respected Contributor

The Parent Trap....original or remake.  Love that movie!!!!  

Honored Contributor

the betty broderick story.......................

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Honored Contributor

Two Lana Turner movies:   Madam X; Imitation of Life

Strangers When We Meet - Kim Novak & Kirk Douglas (I wish this would come back soon)

Thrill of It All - Doris Day and James Garner

I could go on and on but this is when movies were movies.  You did not have to worry about taking your kids with you to the movies.  I was a kid and went with my parents to the above movies.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength