Esteemed Contributor

Does anyone watch this show and if so, what do you think?  Is it really for real?  

Honored Contributor

I watched it once because it was something "different", but rapidly became very bored with it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I've watched a few episodes (when I can stay awake that late).  I never know what is real or what is scripted with these reality shows. 

Super Contributor

Yes, I have been watching this show. Don't understand why anyone would want to 'import' a fiance from a foreign country. To me, they're just asking for trouble by bringing them here. Don't know the whole story on how some of these couples met, but as the weeks go on, it seems like many who came here from their home countries, and some who brought them here, are becoming unhappy with their decision. IMO, they all need to go back to their families and countries.

Honored Contributor

I watched most of the other one.  This one I've caught a few and don't like any of the people.  That old man with that young girl are unbelievable!  Ugh!  Makes me want to puke.

It seems to me like some of these women from these other countries are the one's who are being taken advantage of.  That guy who has all of the bugs everywhere.  Then you have the Mormon.  That family looks like that couple where they are farmers in the painting and one is holding the pitchforlk (don't know the name of it).

I know a lot of Mormons and the sure aren't like that family.  My husband's business partner was Mormon and we hired lots of them.  They are wonderful people and not at all like this family.

It just seems stupid.

Respected Contributor

@WSfan wrote:

Yes, I have been watching this show. Don't understand why anyone would want to 'import' a fiance from a foreign country. To me, they're just asking for trouble by bringing them here. Don't know the whole story on how some of these couples met, but as the weeks go on, it seems like many who came here from their home countries, and some who brought them here, are becoming unhappy with their decision. IMO, they all need to go back to their families and countries.

@WSfan If they're in love and this is who they want to be with why shouldn't they "import" their fiancee/fiance? Who cares that they're from a different country? Leaving behind your home country isn't an easy decision and moving to the U.S. can be very overwhelming when you leave everything behind and suddenly only have one person to rely on.

My issue with the show is that none of these people have ever been to the U.S. before and then they also seem to use the 90 days to decide if this is what they really want. They should have visited the U.S. before they moved here so they could see if this was something they could get used to. And if you don't already know that this is who you want to be with and that you definitely want to marry that person, I don't think you should be coming here. The couples don't seem to have spent very much time together and they have too many issues/secrets right before the wedding.

Super Contributor

I think these women need to consider why these men cannot find a woman that pleases them in the US which is filled with eligible women!  Its obvious to me that these men are losers.  Last season one fiance arrived from the Phillippines to her new "home" which was a dismal apartment that had dirty dishes in the sink and hadn't been cleaned - that was her welcome to the US introduction.  I would have left at that point as it would have been obvious that it wasn't going to get better. 

One of the fiances is living with her partner and another roommate.  In order for the roommate to get to the kitchen he has to walk thru their bedroom so while they are in bed, his climibing over them to get to the kitchen - please!   I'm sure she is thinking to herself - this is the land of opportunity?  I sincerely hope all of them have a return ticket that they can use to go back to their families if it gets to be too much. 

Respected Contributor

@narcisse wrote:

I think these women need to consider why these men cannot find a woman that pleases them in the US which is filled with eligible women!  Its obvious to me that these men are losers.  Last season one fiance arrived from the Phillippines to her new "home" which was a dismal apartment that had dirty dishes in the sink and hadn't been cleaned - that was her welcome to the US introduction.  I would have left at that point as it would have been obvious that it wasn't going to get better. 

One of the fiances is living with her partner and another roommate.  In order for the roommate to get to the kitchen he has to walk thru their bedroom so while they are in bed, his climibing over them to get to the kitchen - please!   I'm sure she is thinking to herself - this is the land of opportunity?  I sincerely hope all of them have a return ticket that they can use to go back to their families if it gets to be too much. 

I agree. I would not move across the world to be with a 40-year-old man who still lives with his dad! After seeing some of those living situations I would have gotten back on the plane.