Respected Contributor

Re: 2 New Additions To Hated Commercials List

@Dragonflyveb wrote:

I agree! Can't hit MUTE fast enough.

I have noticed that a lot of commercials are getting louder and louder again. A while back, there was a law that commercials couldn't be louder than the program, but I think advertisers have found ways to get around that....

One station I watch runs a Medicare ad twice in a row, every time, so obviously not an error!

I miss the good old days when cable tv was ad free....

dragonfly

I have also noticed that the commercials are louder than the programs, and I also thought that was against the law. 

Also, the commercial breaks are longer because I need to press the "fast forward" button on my remote more times now to get past the commercials than I had to in the past.

Anyone else notice this?

Honored Contributor

The bank, I think it's Citizens, with people having difficulty with their cash, finding their cc; all the while there's some bing, bing, bing obnoxious singing. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I hate any commercial where someone is screaming at me..the latest is the America's Best where the two girls are screaming across a canyon at each other. None of the screaming in any of these commercials is necessary,  and it just takes away from their effectiveness. 

Esteemed Contributor

I can't see that stupid Uber eats commercial with Gwyneth Paltrow and not think of her comment years ago about steam cleaning her "parts".  Evidently you can steam clean your uterus.  

I ask you, what is she doing with it that warrants steam cleaning. lol

I find that woman insufferable.

Honored Contributor

@DottieBlue wrote:

@Dragonflyveb wrote:

I agree! Can't hit MUTE fast enough.

I have noticed that a lot of commercials are getting louder and louder again. A while back, there was a law that commercials couldn't be louder than the program, but I think advertisers have found ways to get around that....

One station I watch runs a Medicare ad twice in a row, every time, so obviously not an error!

I miss the good old days when cable tv was ad free....

dragonfly

I have also noticed that the commercials are louder than the programs, and I also thought that was against the law. 

Also, the commercial breaks are longer because I need to press the "fast forward" button on my remote more times now to get past the commercials than I had to in the past.

Anyone else notice this?

Yes it's a pet peeve of mine.   Literally 5 minutes of commercials.  Sometimes in the middle of all those commercials there will be a little blurb of the actual TV show, makes me think it's time to start watching again, nope, more commercials.

Every day I look at my on-screen guide to decide what I may want to watch & set it to record.    I rarely watch anything not on my DVR.   Then when I really get peeved off, I go to Netflix.   

Esteemed Contributor

I cannot stand any and all political ads. This post is not political since I give no favor to any politician or party. They promise the world, tear down their opponents, and tell us their opponents are idiots. I think they are all correct.

Honored Contributor

Inside Edition is bad about 'teasers' they tell you about a upcoming story then they go to commercial , come back and say "next, dog, in the gorilla enclosure " go to commercial.

animated-smileys-cheeky-035.gif

Honored Contributor

You hate them but you watch them every time they come on.  Why?  I actually don't watch commercials. I usually  switch to one of the shopping channels during commercials so I don't recall seeing either of those commercials.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chrystaltree wrote:

You hate them but you watch them every time they come on.  Why?  I actually don't watch commercials. I usually  switch to one of the shopping channels during commercials so I don't recall seeing either of those commercials.

Well, I try to avoid watching commercials but it's almost as much of an annoyance to keep having to skip, fastforward, switch channels, etc. to avoid them.   And, I have found that when I do switch to a shopping channel during commercial breaks, they also are having their own commercial break.  Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

@arrabella wrote:

That one where the lttle girl comes to breakfast with no pants on cause she's a "Dinosaur".

@arrabella 

I hate that one too and what does that have to do with Eggos waffles....🤔

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”