Respected Contributor

Re: ✂️👗ProjectRunway:Junior::WINNER!😊SPOILERS POSSIBLE👗✂️

@newziesuzie, I'm sorry I started the other thread. I did it because it seemed Sweet's post was removed due to a spoiler. And then the others who were posting after were speaking in "code", i.e. "I'm glad the winner was who is should be, the second one...etc."  Sorry for the confusion.Woman Sad

Anyway, this is what I posted in the thread I started.

The winning order:

Maya - winner
Samantha - second
Peytie - third
Zachary - fourth

I think Maya or Peytie should have won. I don't get the appeal of Samantha's clothes because they all seem to be the same thing. But usually what I like the judges don't and if I don't like it, they do.

I thought all 4 finalists did a great job. It's hard to believe they are only teenagers!

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum
Respected Contributor

I also wanted to add - why is it that the designers are given so many weeks to get their outfits done, but when they return to NY, some of them are not finished. 

For example, Samantha hardly had anything ready to show at Fashion Week and scrambled to get finished. I think they had 4 weeks to complete 6 outfits? What was she doing for 4 weeks? School?

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum
Honored Contributor

I keep coming upon this topic.  I've been thinking about Maya's collection.

I still think the right person won mainly (in my opinion) because it was much more detailed driven than any of the others.

It isn't my style though.  I like some of the form and the pockets.  However I do think she put in a bit too many pockets on some of the outfits.

I will have to admit I missed some of the shows, so I didn't see all of everyone's clothes each week.

As I've bla blaed before I used to make a lot of the outerwear clothes I wore to work back in the 60's and early 70's.  I worked at the Pentagon so the style back then was a skirt or dress and slacks.  The lines were simple.  (Think Jackie Kennedy and her "sheath dresses") that's the form I'd take.  I'd take the basic form and change them all around.

I'm curious as to what some of you think about her style?  I like Cargo pants and even though I'm 70 this year, I still enjoy wearing them when dressing very casually.

Give me your ideas, I'm interested.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I still think the right person won mainly (in my opinion) because it was much more detailed driven than any of the others.

It isn't my style though.  I like some of the form and the pockets.  However I do think she put in a bit too many pockets on some of the outfits.

I will have to admit I missed some of the shows, so I didn't see all of everyone's clothes each week.

As I've bla blaed before I used to make a lot of the outerwear clothes I wore to work back in the 60's and early 70's.  I worked at the Pentagon so the style back then was a skirt or dress and slacks.  The lines were simple.  (Think Jackie Kennedy and her "sheath dresses") that's the form I'd take.  I'd take the basic form and change them all around.

I'm curious as to what some of you think about her style?  I like Cargo pants and even though I'm 70 this year, I still enjoy wearing them when dressing very casually.

She had too many pockets in everything.  Try to remember which pocket you put what in.

If I filled all those pockets with stuff the clothes would be falling off me!

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter  Well, they wouldn't be falling off of me (I'm a size 1X) but I'd be so BIG I wouldn't be able to get through a door.

I am not busting on her clothes!  Good grief!  Who am I to do that?  I'm just saying I think she rightfully won.  However, I think she could have maybe put less pockets on her clothes.  That's all.

Honored Contributor

@lainey1 wrote:

I also wanted to add - why is it that the designers are given so many weeks to get their outfits done, but when they return to NY, some of them are not finished. 

For example, Samantha hardly had anything ready to show at Fashion Week and scrambled to get finished. I think they had 4 weeks to complete 6 outfits? What was she doing for 4 weeks? School?

@lainey1, actually, I was thinking just the opposite. Smiley Happy

Most of these teenagers were between 14-16 years old and are really just learning how to structure their time for serious projects. 

Since school was in session, I didn't think that four weeks was enough time to for the teenagers to envision a fashion line and then create six impeccably tailored outfits for New York Fashion Week. 

It seemed to put these teenagers in an impossible dilemma: focusing on important school work while creating a professional fashion line. 

I think that they will probably continue the Project Runway Jr. series. I hope that they can change up the next schedule so that the teens would be able to put their lines together over the summer months. That would seem to be the ideal solution.

While I really liked the teens and their collections, none of these collections were really runway ready, and that was a shame. There were all sorts of tailoring mishaps and rough edges. And that wasn't the teens faults.

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Hi everyone Smiley Happy

I've been away this past week, so I'm a bit late joining in. *s* 

This is how I thought Project Runway Junior (PRJ) should have been judged: 

1) Maya -- yay!! she won

2) Peytie -- she was in 3rd place 

3) Sam -- she was in 2nd place

4) Zachary -- and he was in 4th place

___

MAYA

I think that most people saw Maya as the clear winner. She was 13 when the competition began and she was the youngest contestant. At the start, I thought that she was the one to watch and that she had the most promise. -- She has won a number of challenges and has come up with a number of very creative outfits, but with her own definitive style stamped on them. 

Of the final collections, I likes Maya's collection the best. I felt that it was the most cohesive and had the best tailoring. 

I think that her color palette should have been pumped up a bit. You could either call it restrained or lacking excitement. While I can see why she liked her yellow flower pattern, in the end, I think it really limited how she could tweak her collection. -- I was so glad that she decided against using the yellow fabric she purchased at the last minute, because I think it really could have wound up confusing her collection. 

___

SAMANTHA 

I'm not a fan, primarily because I'm tired about listening her talk about how much more fashion forward she is as compared to the other designers. 

The jackets with the many pockets plus the pants were all interesting but I've seen these sorts of things from her before... and in other fashion designers from the past. 

Throughout the season, she had an idea of what her fashion should be and she was determined to stick to it. So I didn't see much growth. 

___ 

PEYTIE 

I was really impressed with her because, in the beginning, I thought she was all over the place and middle of the pack at best. -- What I saw was a West Coast hippie, Soho/Boho, funky fashion. I thought I'd be seeing macrame and beaded dresses. 

It took me a while to warm to her fashion, but really saw a lot of growth over the season. She did a great job of listening to all the feedback and becoming increasingly creative. 

I was really disappointed that she didn't win second place. While I liked her collection, along with Tim, I thought that she put too much of the print into her collection. That said, she was able to make quick changes and add the mirrors to her prints which I really liked. I was really impressed that she realized that sen needed to make a major change to her orange dress and she did a pretty good job of changing it up. -- Her long blue dress was my favorite outfit on the runway. 

___

ZACHARY 

I think he is precious and I felt so sad that he came in fourth. 

I got the sense that he lost his way in the last few challenges and was struggling to stay afloat. 

His collection was interesting but the design features were limited as was his color palette. Some of his designs were forgettable... and there were issues with his tailoring. 

I thought it was so very brave of him to cut off all of the flowers on his finale dress. He needed to do this because the flowers looked unfinished as it was. There just wasn't enough time to get the outfit fully flowered up. Unfortunately, this made the dress look more like something from a Ralph Lauren store... which is great, but not runway.

Especially after the most recent unremarkable PR adult season, I was so glad that this PRJ season was so enjoyable and interesting. lol, the kids may have just given PR a reprieve. Smiley Wink

I'm looking forward to PR All-Stars although I'm a bit concerned because I'm not sure that the level of design is there. 

@newziesuzie, thank you as always for keeping us on track!!! Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@Annabellethecat66 I think you're thinking about

Samantha who likes pockets and cargo pants

type clothes.  I like the style for casual wear. 

😊

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••