Frequent Contributor

Are Susan Graver's fashions tailored for her?

Over the years, I have often ordered outfits that she is wearing, and loved them.  I really enjoy her, too--and her enthusiasm!

Anyway, I ordered some cotton spandex leggings tonight, based on how they looked  on legs and ankles--very close fitting, which is what I want.   Then I noticed , when there was a close-up of the leggings on the models, they were much wider at the ankle than  they were on Susan.  That was true of all of the models, and Susan even commented that the bottom was wider to look more professional. But...it was not wide on the pair she was wearing.

It seems to me that I have read on these boards before that Susan's fashions looked tailored/are tailored for her, to give the best appearance.

Anyone else notice this?

Honored Contributor

Re: Are Susan Graver's fashions tailored for her?

We'll never know for sure but I wouldn't be surprised.  Or maybe she just has pudgy ankles that fill out the pants.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Occasional Contributor

Im sure items are tailored to fit her, I wish she would not use the same words over and over. She is a very successful business woman thus I am sure her vocabulary consists of more than the ten wors she uses to describe ALL her clothing ! Enough energy spent on her as she will never change ...interrupting being rude to host etc etc...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'd like to know why they have shows like last night & early this morning call the items on clearnace when they're still in the $45-$58 price range?  They had an SG show all clearance and logo items in the too many shows already that they call clearance.

These prices are not at all clearance prices. If the Q is really trying to make good offers to shoppers, mark these prices down to $20 to $30 THEN they'll be great clearance that we can enjoy buying up.  They say they need to make room in the warehouses for new stuff, we can help you do that IF you give us GREAT BARGAINS. 

The other shopping channels have WAY better buys then QVC offers.

Esteemed Contributor

Susan does have stocky legs. 

Honored Contributor

@cali-girl wrote:

Over the years, I have often ordered outfits that she is wearing, and loved them.  I really enjoy her, too--and her enthusiasm!

Anyway, I ordered some cotton spandex leggings tonight, based on how they looked  on legs and ankles--very close fitting, which is what I want.   Then I noticed , when there was a close-up of the leggings on the models, they were much wider at the ankle than  they were on Susan.  That was true of all of the models, and Susan even commented that the bottom was wider to look more professional. But...it was not wide on the pair she was wearing.

It seems to me that I have read on these boards before that Susan's fashions looked tailored/are tailored for her, to give the best appearance.

Anyone else notice this?

@cali-girl

I absolutely did notice it as well, and it stopped me from purchasing them.

On SG they looked like leggings.  On the models they looked like a slimmer pant but no way what I would call a legging.  Even on the larger than XXS model, they were not fitted.

I don't know the answer to your question or whether it is indeed her leg type or the size she was wearing, but I am glad I was able to observe the difference and save a return!

Honored Contributor

I would think so.

Super Contributor

O.M.G. ... I never thought of that... I'll bet you are right...

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you, Respectlife, for sharing the same observation.  

I don't think Susan's ankles are pudgy AT ALL!  She always looks cute in the skinny pants/wedges or heels she wear with them.

But SG's pants looked like a legging bottom (which is what I wanted)   and all the other models: short/tall, small/large had "pant" bottoms--ones that stood out from the leg.

I ordered but quickly cancelled b/c of this.    

Esteemed Contributor

Susan Graver at times wears thousand dollar shoes on air. I doubt she would wear her QVC clothing .. with the money she makes why should she?