Trusted Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Perkup

Mamí & Mamacita are complements & considered respectful in certain cultures.

I can guarantee you, the hosts concerned know nothing of International culture.  It is their ignorance of or disregard for their own culture that makes these devolution so deplorable.

I'm not your momma or your Sita, nor is my name Bud and I am sure those addressed as such would rather their names be used as well.  It is blatant disrespect that is at issue here. 

Honored Contributor

This thread is cracking me up.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

Not only do the vendors have names, but the over-familiarity of some of the hosts with the vendors is off-putting. Turning a vendor's name into a shortened nickname is not endearing either.

Honored Contributor

I think it has become increasingly obviously that the hosts have very little, if any, supervision and it shows.  They seem to be able to do and say anything they please no matter how crude.  The also wear some really inappropriate attire.  Since when could a host appear weekly looking like a refugee and never wear, although selling, QVC clothing?

Remember in olden times when Kathy made a gaffe, she'd joke about getting a memo from her boss?  You sure don't hear that any longer.  So they rock along using astoundingly poor manners, kissing people they don't know and generally acting like delinquent school children.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Perkup

Mamí & Mamacita are complements & considered respectful in certain cultures.

Not in the culture of most QVC viewers and certainly not in my culture.  I'd consider it insulting.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Hosts who use terms like these may think they're coming across as friendly, but what they're really doing is putting the vendors in their place--which is down a few levels from where the host imagines she stands.

Honored Contributor

My dear British Mother would bristle whenever she and my wonderful Father were called "You Guys"..... The other was "Hey Man".....  instead of Excuse Me Ma'am or Sir. 

Unfortunately that was the start of the over-familiarity and inability to address people in a respectful way and what has happened over the course of time.... respectibility HAS come to those terms!!  Or at least we accept it and don't even "hear" it anymore.   I suspect that it will continue (in time) with everything we find offensive today.  It's sad really..... 

I also feel awkward when I see hosts and vendors smooching each other every time they see one another and that can be many times in the course of the day........ LOL!  I can imagine what the reaction would be in an office setting?  Human Resources anyone?  How about a handshake instead of a kiss?  Woman Wink  (

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it goes against community standards.

Esteemed Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

My dear British Mother would bristle whenever she and my wonderful Father were called "You Guys"..... The other was "Hey Man".....  instead of Excuse Me Ma'am or Sir. 

Unfortunately that was the start of the over-familiarity and inability to address people in a respectful way and what has happened over the course of time.... respectibility HAS come to those terms!!  Or at least we accept it and don't even "hear" it anymore.   I suspect that it will continue (in time) with everything we find offensive today.  It's sad really..... 

I also feel awkward when I see hosts and vendors smooching each other every time they see one another and that can be many times in the course of the day........ LOL!  I can imagine what the reaction would be in an office setting?  Human Resources anyone?  How about a handshake instead of a kiss?  Woman Wink  (

I think the shopping channel greetings imitating Europeans started after the success of the Real Housewives franchises. But it looks inauthentic for American shopping channel hosts to imitate another culture in order to foster sales. It simply doesn't work, looks silly, and it always looks so unsanitary, especially when someone is sick with a cold or the flu. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Your guests have names.

[ Edited ]

I don't think I'd worry about Q's image at this point.  They lost it a while back.

Sorry, I couldn't resist that but I do believe it.  With the antics seen by hosts, I wouldn't say they have the most professional image.  It's one of the reasons I don't watch.  

But you know what?  I'm thrilled to live in a country where people can say what they want, even if we don't agree with it. We have freedoms so many other countries don't.