Honored Contributor

What about a Discount Card for long-time QVC Shoppers?

I don't know if this has been suggested before, but I think it would be a great idea for long-time Q shoppers to be given a "discount card" as a little incentive and thank you for being loyal shoppers!  What do you all think?

As some stores give disounts to seniors, such as 10, 15%, or whatever, it would be really awesome and very much appreciated if QVC would offer to customers who have shopped for a long time with them --- say for over 10 years maybe?? and provide a 10% discount!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

Re: What about a Discount Card for long-time QVC Shoppers?

I'm with you on that....shopping for over 20 years and not much given to us "older" shoppers at all.  Come on QVC appreciate the old timers too.

Contributor

Agreed...been shopping since '86!

Esteemed Contributor

Don't get me wrong because I am with you on this 100% but, I am sure the PTB @ QVC are going to roll on the floor laughing when they read this suggestion!!! 😇

Esteemed Contributor

I started shopping with CNN and continued shopping when they were bought by QVC....or however that happened...over 30 years...

Honored Contributor

Thanks, everyone!

It would be great though.  I can't see how it could hurt their profit margins --- only help them.

I know when I go to stores that provide the senior discounts, it at least makes me feel that I am a little bit cared about or appreciated.  Every little bit helps in this day and age!

It's a big wide shopping world out there.  A lot of places to shop.  It would make us all feel like our loyalty is appreciated!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I think a loyalty card has been suggested before.  Unfortunately Q doesn't give discounts easily.  You have to pry them from their cold dead hands.

Honored Contributor

If QVC - or any other place I shop -  offers me an actual discount, I'm happy to use it for things I'd already be buying.

I've been working really carefully not to get roped into shopping just because there's a coupon or just because there's some other kind of discount.

The ones I dislike the most are the so-called discounts that you get for buying somethingt but that you have to spend even more to get that discount. 

Honored Contributor

It will happen when **** freezes over.....

Honored Contributor

My feeling is that frequent shopper rewards are a good thing. They are also perhaps a different thing than a reward just for being a long-time shopper.  QVC is most likely, if they reward anyone, to reward the people who buy the most often, like most other retailers - or the occasional "we haven't heard from you - come back" discount.

But just personally, for me any discount less than 20% is a joke. Any time I get a 10-15% offer from anywhere it goes right in my round file, virtual or actual, and definitely does not encourage me to buy.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all