Respected Contributor

Was just curious why Qvc never equated fast shipping as part and parcel

of the q shopping experience.  Instead of treating shipping like having a 2nd head, I think it would be a better experience for all concerned if you a) hired a professional to take charge of that department, b) strived to become efficient like Amazon.com and Zappos and so many other shopping sites that know what they're doing.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Was just curious why Qvc never equated fast shipping as part and parcel

They have different business models, and QVC's market research shows that faster shipping is not the priority of its shoppers.

Speaking osf Amazon, unless you have Prime, shipping is not much faster than QVC's.  Would you be willing to pay $100 a year in order to get faster shipping?  Would you be willing to pay this amount plu pay for ionimum orders of some items before you can actually buy these items (Amazon has itmes like this)?

If you do not like QVC's shipping policies, feel free to shop elsewhere.  What is in place seems to work for QVC.  If it does not work for you, move along.

Valued Contributor

@KYToby wrote:

They have different business models, and QVC's market research shows that faster shipping is not the priority of its shoppers.

Speaking osf Amazon, unless you have Prime, shipping is not much faster than QVC's.  Would you be willing to pay $100 a year in order to get faster shipping?  Would you be willing to pay this amount plu pay for ionimum orders of some items before you can actually buy these items (Amazon has itmes like this)?

If you do not like QVC's shipping policies, feel free to shop elsewhere.  What is in place seems to work for QVC.  If it does not work for you, move along.

Hello from the other side

You must have typed a thousand times

To tell us we're wrong about QVC

Hmm, that's all I've got. Sorry Adele

Respected Contributor

I have seen many complaints about slow shipping from Qvc. I have ordered for MANY yrs & never had a problem with slow shipping. Even a large entertainment center was delivered in the usual 7-10 days, I believe more like 7. ("Knock on wood",lol)

Honored Contributor

Any shipping seems slow when compared to Amazon Prime's Same Day to 1-2 day shipping, but you also pay for that - up front in Amazon's case. Over the years, Amazon's regular shipping has definitely gotten slower to  "penalize" non-Prime customers and drive them to Prime. Average non-Prime arrival time has lengthened 2-3 days beyond what it was pre-Prime. Yes, it too is free, but not everyone, all the time, finds it convenient or possible to spend $50/order.

Companies who routinely offer Free Shipping don't usually do so regardless of the size of the order, their minimums are $50-100, and without the minimum, shipping for many is in the $8-13 range on up because some companies charge more the higher the dollar amount of the sale - way to kill large orders.

QVC determined through their own research that the absolutely fastest shipping, ala Prime, was not a top priority for most QVC customers. They do seem ready to lose those customers who absolutely, positively have to have it as fast as possible.

Price is one thing, shipping time is another (since most merchandise is not shipped out by QVC from their warehouse but by the vendors themselves). I think many times QVC is forced to cover for vendor issues - which are really annoying but maybe not strictly QVC's "fault."

But *accuracy* in shipping, delivery and in Returns/Waitlist could absolutely use improvement.  Too many incorrectly packed and shipped items, too many items returned that should never be sent out again. THAT, QVC certainly could and should fix. There's no valid excuse IMO for those kinds of errors on the scale they seem to occur.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

@KYToby wrote:

I see you didn't miss your chance to tell all of us who would like faster shipping than 7-10 days to not shop at the Q and go someplace else. I'm sure the Q would just love that. 

Esteemed Contributor

Along with their quality and value, the convenience should include shipping, whatever their research shows. Three to seven days in 2016, is adequate for any large retail business. Seven to ten days is ancient. The Q should work for the competition of great quality, value and shipping included. To just be "satisfied" is not the marking of a good company or management. They should attempt superiority in all areas. 

Esteemed Contributor

QVC is one company that I have never equated with fast anything. Even when my relatives bought from here I would warn them about shipping times.

When QVC used to ship to Canada a few years ago they used to take a month for parcels to go through a broker and charge the customer twice as much for postage. Did they ship by sled dog? Fast forward a few years and QVC wants to broadcast in Canada but they can't on Canadian cable as the CRTC won't allow them too but Canadians won't put up with lengthy shipping times either. QVC may be a big giant but they are not nimble and quick.

Valued Contributor

I like ordering by UPS express. That way I am in some what in control of when my packages will be delivery. I also sign up with UPS and they give me a 4 hour time of delivery as well  with sending me emails that I have packages being shipped. I don't mind the extra cost. Only had one issue with QVC when I was ordering, and they refunded my shipping.

Honored Contributor

I can compare two recent orders... one from QVC and the other from EvineLive.

QVC did not even get the order mailed out until 5 days after the order was placed.....

Evine Live got the order processed and mailed when the order was placed on  a Sunday... I received it FIRST CLASS MAIL... on Wenesday.   Evine live mailed me every clothing item I ordered first class mail and everything was received with just three days sometimes sooner!

On the other hand QVC mails that weird cheap way postal where the package is transfered over  a few timesand sits around....ending up taking about ten days to eventually get to me. JUST WHY???????