Honored Contributor

Re: Travel Forum Request

[ Edited ]

@dooBdoo @Beth-QVC Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!! I am sooooooo happy!!!!!

By the way @Beth-QVC.....My Vionics from QVC were EXCELLENT sandals to wear on my just-finished six-week trip. Very comfortable.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@World Traveler wrote:

@dooBdoo @Beth-QVC Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!! I am sooooooo happy!!!!!

By the way @Beth-QVC.....My Vionics from QVC were EXCELLENT sandals to wear on my just-finished six-week trip. Very comfortable.  Smiley Happy

@World Traveler

Isn't that great news...  or at least potentially good?   Glad you had a nice trip and the Vionics made it comfy.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Valued Contributor

WE ARE LOOKING FOR THE NEW TRAVEL FORUM ANY DAY NOW !!    

Travel season is upon us and a TRAVEL FORUM would be a win-win for QVC and customers.   

World Traveler and I just ordered the LUG Lunch Tote/Scooter for travel snacks.  !!

I see travel information requests and suggestions all over the QVC Forums and a dedicated  **TRAVEL FORUM** would be informative, helpful and $ LUCRATIVE $ .  

Please do consider adding  *TRAVEL FORUM* to Blogs and Forums.   

Your Kind Consideration of this matter is most appreciated.    

Among Friends/ Travel Chat   

Keep Calm and Travel On

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gacat123 Thank you for your continued support of getting a travel forum. It would make it so much easier for the rest of the readers to submit their posts (or find what they are looking for) without having to go thru pages and pages of posts on Travel Chat in the Among Friends Forum, trying to see if the question or suggestion has already been mentioned.

I double, triple, and quadruple your request for a Travel Forum that will make it more friendly for others to join in!

I believe the last thing you heard was that it would definitely happen, and would probably be sometime between January and March of this year. Hopefully, that is still the case and its arrival is soon. Can't wait!

@Beth-QVC Anything you can update us on since your comments last July?

BTW, @gacat123, my Lug tote should be here in a couple of days. Also, still planning on taking my Lori Greiner weekender for the three-day trip I have planned next month. Will let you know how it works out and whether or not I will go ahead and use it on my six-week trip coming up this summer. Also note that there a some really great looking Vionic sandals that will be a TSV in March. I am quite sure I will be getting one pair, probably two, and take one of them with me to Europe this summer. They look very comfortable. Just trying to decide which color(s) to get.

Respected Contributor

Another vote in favor of a travel forum. I haven't posted but enjoy reading it. We usually only take 1 to 2 week trips as boarding 3 dogs gets expensive. So many places to hear about and see.

Valued Contributor

@chprsp 

THANK YOU for your  Travel Forum request vote! 

I understand about Pet care and travel.  I have three spoiled rotten cats who need a lot of care and attention. Boarding is not an option so I have to hire a cat care person friend who comes in every other day.  A weekend trip or a few days is about all we can manage.   

Thanks again for your vote!  Do check in with us at  Among Friends/Travel Chat!    

Keep Calm and Travel On, 

CAT

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chprsp You might be interested to know about the following:

A $65-million Pet Terminal Is Opening at a New York City Airport

by Travel and Leisure Magazine

Pets passing through John F. Kennedy International Airport will soon have new luxury digs to call home while their owners are in transit.

The ARK at JFK is a $65-million “terminal for animals,” and the first leg of its three-part roll-out was revealed on Monday. The newly-opened ARK Pet Oasis will help educate pet parents on flight requirements before takeoff, microchip pets if necessary, provide food and water as needed for the flight, get pets boarded, receive pets coming into JFK, and much more. An Equine & Livestock Export Center and an Aviary In-Transit Quarantine are now also fully operational, but that’s only a sampling of what’s to be expected at the new terminal.    

When completed, the 24/7/365 facility will also house a 20,000-square-foot luxury spa where pets can undergo grooming and massage therapy, splash in pools shaped like bones, or get "pawdicures with colored nail pawlish.”

Pets who stay overnight in the ultimate luxury suites will sleep in human-sized beds, watch flat-screen TVs, keep in touch with owners via webcam and gaze at framed photographs, chosen specifically by owners to “make your pet feel even more at home,” according to Curbed.

The 178,000-square-foot space will include an overnight kennel, boarding, on-site veterinary care, a diagnostic lab, and a USDA-approved import quarantine area for necessary cases.

The Ark will be able to accommodate pets, horses, birds, livestock, and a variety of exotic animals once the facility is fully functional.

The space was designed in collaboration with Cornell University’s College of Veterinary Medicine, Paradise 4 Paws luxury pet spa, Red Bank Veterinary Hospital, and Worldwide Flight Services (which transports pets around the world).

Photo courtesy of The ARK at JFK/AnthonyCollins.nyc.

Pet airport.jpg

Respected Contributor
Not for my boys unfortunately. We have a 200 lb. Newfoundland, a 120 lb. By. Pyrenees, and a 90 lb shepherd. Luckily there is a very good boarding place locally with 6 exercise yards. Then there's the cats. I do have a friend who cat sits.
Honored Contributor

@chprsp wrote:
Not for my boys unfortunately. We have a 200 lb. Newfoundland, a 120 lb. By. Pyrenees, and a 90 lb shepherd. Luckily there is a very good boarding place locally with 6 exercise yards. Then there's the cats. I do have a friend who cat sits.

@chprsp Oh, my goodness! Those are really big dogs. The biggest one I ever had was around 80 pounds.......Akita. Gorgeous dog. I always had (and still do) have someone to watch the dogs. I always feel better when they can stay at home where they are in familiar territory. Many, many years ago I had to put two dogs in a kennel while traveling, but it was a short trip. Nice place, but I never did it again. I worried the whole time. Now I don't worry. 

Valued Contributor

@World Traveler 

Hope your LUG  Lunch Tote/Scooter has arrived!    ???

It will be great for TRAVEL snacks!  

ATT: HALL MONITORS!  WE ARE STILL HOPING FOR A TRAVEL FORUM!  PLEASE! 

meanwhile...folks can visit with like minded TRAVEL folks over on  the forum 

AMONG FRIENDS / TRAVEL CHAT 

Keep Calm and Travel On,  

CAT and Among Friends/ Travel Chat Folks