Honored Contributor

Re: The use of 'focus groups' or other customer input

@millieshops wrote:

@Spurt  It's all in what works for your body and your eyes.  I do buy my everyday bras from Dillards, so I go there to shop since with my requirements, I always try them on, even the same bra numbers sometimes are slightly different as is my body!

As for their clothes, I've tried -  I have never found a $30 top at Dillard's that matched what I have bought from SG's line at QVC.  Doesn't mean it couldn't happen - just means it has never happened for me. 

Further, although I buy very few clothes from QVC, I would call nearly everything I have purchased from good to excellent value. I know initial cost is important, but for me cost per wearing is even more important because I just don't love to shop all that much any more.  That;s where I've gotten my best from my QVC clothes: basics that wear almost forever.

@millieshops

I know prices can vary from State to State  and they even indicate that on their website, (I'm in South Texas) I have found good named brands at Dillards for $30 (Investments, Ruby Road, Westbound, I.N. Studio, Chaus,Allison Dailey) very much equivalent and equal in quality, wear and wash well comparable to QVC's Susan Graver ...... or other Q Brands, Denim & Co, Logo etc etc... My sister just got some new clothes for work couple weeks ago......Now Dillards has very pricey stuff too....I roam all parts of the store......I get my jeans there.....cheaper than QVCs and better quality!!!  I've sent too many clothes back from QVC one was a Susan Graver I bought for work several years ago---stitching coming undone sent it back!!!   QVC's are too expensive for what they are!

And I also shop at Stein Mart---very nice clothes there....Macy's online...also Marshall's, TJ's....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

Re: The use of 'focus groups' or other customer input

@millieshops wrote:

I try to keep in mind that the boards are a small group - and even we don't agree much at all. I do know because I'm here way too often that I often support the same few vendors over and over while others do that for someone else.

Also,  I think the quick responses posters get from the QVC team members shows that QVC does listen -  but pretty much like anyone in authority, they don't necessarily do what everyone wants. 

Note to the posters with the huge paragraphs:  You may have made good points, but I'll never know.  You'd have to pay me to read those huge blocks of print.

Me too.  I hate it.  No paragraphs.  Grrrrr.

*Call Tyrone*