Contributor

I wonder how rich Tara McConnell is.....I'm sure QVC has made her a millionaire many times over....surely she has made as much money as she will ever need in her life. I like and own some of her products but am getting bored with her dinnerware and the patterns. Surely, there is another manufacturer that can offer a "new type of dinnerware and bake ware"...and I'm not talking about one of the salespeople already on QVC like Chef this and Chef that , Rachel Ray, Bluejeans Chef, Tony, Mark Charles, ...if one product sells all of a sudden they all have their own pots and pans, bake ware, knives tote bags, silverware etc. which QVC endorses into the ground. And no, Tara your mother did not invent the ice in the bottom of a serving dish....This has been around for over 70 years. check out any buffet over the years. My mother back in the 50's served her dishes this way. And no the dishes are not "naturally" stick resistant either....not without a heavy spray of oil. (I wish they'd be more forthcoming about this fact) The dinner ware reminds me of when you could buy pieces at grocery stores at a discount for purchase of groceries . Of course I'm sure QVC's high percentage of income from their sales is very appealing for them to continue these people on air. Just my opinion

Contributor

I've heard him say before that they're neighbors. Apparently she lives a few doors down from him & they socialize. I think at least in part that would explain his treatment of her. ...As someone else mentioned on another thread, all of these host/vendor relationships are too close for comfort as far as I'm concerned. When you are best friends with the vendors and continually get free stuff from them, are we really supposed to believe that your take on the product is objective?

New Contributor

Tara has spread herself so thin trying to put floral lace or old world patterns on every kitchen item ever made, that the quality has dropped so much. Crock pot, really? And people buy this stuff, it baffles me to no end. I own a few pieces, and am happy with half of them. Also, I had to stop watching her because I feel like the only adjective she knows is "beautiful" There are many, many others words that mean the same thing. It makes me want to come through the TV and scream "YOU CAN USE OTHER WORDS!!!"

Honored Contributor
On 11/29/2013 JasoninBoston said:

I am happy to see Tara be so successful! Unlike some others on these threads I enjoy it when others do well!! Plus think her stuff is so much nicer that some of my Williams-Sonoma purchases Smiley Happy

I think she took an idea and ran with it and has done very well. It's not totally original, but she did find a consumer base and QVC to support this endeavor. I don't begrudge her or anyone else making a profit and doing well. However, the quality of her line has gone down so much it is disappointing. That is why I probably won't ever order any more. I definitely will not buy any for gifts as it would be so embarrassing if the TT cracked the first time the person used it. The colors are no longer the same and the painting is not like it was on the older pieces.

Occasional Visitor

I am very dissapointed in the oven to table set. I made

brownies in the 7 by 11 dish, that was suppose to not need

any oil or spray. Well I had to scrap the dish to get the brownies out

in pieces!!! so I will spray all of my pieces before using them.

Its not true that the dishes are non stick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will not buy any more.

I agree with another person on this page that Tara is trying to copy everyone else

and put her name and design on other vendors products.

I am about done watching QVC and buying their products. Most all is getting to

pricey.

Contributor

I can't take much more of the Temptations Line and Tara.  It seems like QVC has turned into the Tara Show.  Enough already.

Trusted Contributor

I'm just sick of the constant attempts to shove the stuff down our throats.  None of it is anything I would make a choice to use.  I prefer the "boring white ware".  When I see that stuff, it just reminds me of the dishes at a dollar store.

Respected Contributor

Don't care for Miss Tara or her cheaply made, horribly painted cookware.

I have some excellent products from  Fiestaware , Martha Stewart, and Rachel Ray..

-Texas Hill Country-
Regular Contributor

Tara necessitates an immediate channel flip.  Can't stand her or her cheap product.  Give me Fiesta any day.  I can't imagine trying to eat anything off those dishes - too much pattern.  If you watch any of the cooking shows on Food Network, they usually serve on white or solid color plates so the food is the star.  Tara should go but I know that'snot happening.

Honored Contributor

What is interesting to me is that years and years ago when the Q had their first Temptations TSV (the only Temptations I have ever purchased).... Tara did not represent the product at that time.  So I was surprised when she showed up one day maybe a year later as the "inventor" "creator" of the line.  I really don't believe she was initially.  I believe she was offerred this line and has "built" on it, etc.

I personally don't like the product and sold that set recently as it's been packed away virtually unused for many years.  I also personally don't care how rich anyone becomes..... Woman Happy 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*