Trusted Contributor

THE @ NOTIFICATION FEATURE

[ Edited ]

Please, can we have an update on this feature? I saw a post yesterday by Eva-QVC, I believe, where she gave this as an option to a poster to "paging" another poster.  I have seen so many threads on this and different explanations from various moderators as to whether this is functioning.

After seeing Eva's post, I tried it a few times with posters and no one received a notification.

It seems to work for moderators to posters but not between posters.

I was told that this would be brought to the QVC Admin Team's attention. There has been no follow up on this, that I know of.

Can we please get a consistent answer as to whether this will be "fixed" for poster-to-poster use?

TIa

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
QVC Social Team

Re: THE @ NOTIFICATION FEATURE

I'm sorry to hear this is happening @Adelina and I will make sure we take a look at it. Just to be sure, when you are typing the @sign, are you clicking on the name of the poster when it appears? 

Super Contributor

@Eva-QVC wrote:

I'm sorry to hear this is happening @Adelina@ and I will make sure we take a look at it. Just to be sure, when you are typing the @sign, are you clicking on the name of the poster when it appears? 

@Eva-QVC, I'm not Adelina, but I have tried many times to do this by clicking on the name of the poster when it appears.  Nobody ever gets my messages.  Apparently the moderators do, though, so that's a plus.  I would really like to be able to get these messages.  Sometimes I forget which threads I've posted in and don't go back to them to read replies.

NickNack1
(formerly NickNack)
Trusted Contributor

@Eva-QVC wrote:

I'm sorry to hear this is happening @Adelina@ and I will make sure we take a look at it. Just to be sure, when you are typing the @sign, are you clicking on the name of the poster when it appears? 

@Eva-QVC@, I received your notification. I tried another @poster today and it did not work.

This would be a major improvement if if actually worked, like making it easier for posters to know - and most importantly, find - if someone had responded to one of their posts.

Please let us know what the result of your search turns up. I never received a response back from two other such requests I made.

TIA

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Honored Contributor

I wanted to verify...

@Eva-QVC, the "@" notifications do work when the Q Social Team members use them.

They don't generate notifications for other posters when forum members use them.

I've been trying them just about every day I post here, and I'm sure I'm using them properly (entering the "@" and selecting the nickname from the members list suggestions that pop up, and then the username becomes a "clickable" hyperlink).

Posters repeatedly have tested this, and no one (to my knowledge) has received notifications unless the person using the feature is one of the moderators.

I agree, this would be an extremely helpful function and perhaps someone will look into activating it for everyone.

Thanks for the thread, @Adelina!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Trusted Contributor

Now I'm confused. I just type the @ sign then type their name. Am I supposed to click on their name after typing the @ sign. Jees, I'm confused.😳
Trusted Contributor

DooBdoo, help! What list?
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Himi lover wrote:
Now I'm confused. I just type the @ sign then type their name. Am I supposed to click on their name after typing the @ sign. Jees, I'm confused.😳

Hi, @Himi lover! Robot Happy 

Yes, after you enter the "@" just type the name exactly or click on the name from the suggestions that are offered.   On most devices you'll get a "pop up" menu with the heading "Mention someone" with suggested names.   When you type the name in or select it from the menu, you should see it show up with a sort of highlight, with a darker background than the rest of your message.  If the poster isn't active on the thread, their name won't be listed and you'll need to type it in (at least partly) so the system can try to "find" it.

I don't think it's working properly with an iPad...  I'll have to log in later with mine and see.

With any device, though, it appears it's not doing what it was designed to do.

hth!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Trusted Contributor

I'm not getting a pop up box on my mini iPad which I use almost exclusively now. I love it, the size, etc. I hate dragging out the laptop. Although to type out a long message, the laptop is much easier. No names are popping up. I'll have to try it on my laptop.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]
Guess what @dooBdoo, I got a notification that you sent me a message. The @ sign must be working now.😉