Valued Contributor

Re: Suggestions for Improved Presentation of Garments, Shoes and Jewelry

I like the different presentations.  You will always have your favorite hosts and style, but they all do a good job.

Contributor

I agree that when Jane tries on shoes, she should stand up.  The presentation is very awkward because she is sitting on a sofa behind a coffee table, who tries on shoes scrunched up in a small space anyway.  Another thing that should be addressed is models who wear shoes that are too big.  Seeing a space behind the foot at the heel of the shoe is distracting.

Esteemed Contributor

@LoriMI wrote:

I like the different presentations.  You will always have your favorite hosts and style, but they all do a good job.

------------------------------------------

Well... I guess it is in the eye of the beholder...some are definitely much better than others!!!

Honored Contributor

Tag all items with color names and that includes shoes.  I'm tired of "no, this is marine and this is aqua, wait, it might be sky,"  "this must be pewter and that makes this one grey,"  etc.  If I'm not sure of which color is which, I just don't order. 

Esteemed Contributor

Put the camera on the clothing for longer than a second or two.  I want to see the item, not the host.

Valued Contributor

Also, please show a longer view of the BACK of  jeans, pants, any bottom - both on the rack and on the model.  The pockets on jeans make all the difference to me; most, if not all of the time is spent on the front.  If I catch the presentation on tv w/o seeing the back, I don't like having to go online just for the rear view. 

Valued Contributor

depglass:  ITA w/ you about the colors.  And ya gotta love Denim & Co. for their wide variety of colors, but do we really need aqua, marine blue, sky, baby blue, and robin's egg blue? The lineup looks like the paint samples at the hardware store.

Valued Contributor

Great suggestions, all.  Might I add - Don't model shoes standing on 3" deep shag rug!!!  Covers the whole bottom of the shoe.  We want to see the whole shoe!

Jewelry presentations - So little time is spent showing the jewelry on the models - and close-up enough that we can see them.  For this reason I really hate it when they have the male hosts presenting jewelery.  For the most part, most of the female hosts do try the jewlery on as they are presenting - move a ring around on different fingers, stack bracelets together, etc.  I mean no disrespect to the guys, but it is really frustrating watching an item I am interested in and only seeing it on the bust/form.  If you blink you miss seeing on a model, and if the item sells out quickly sometimes they never even get that far!  And, when they stop to take a phone call, they always keep the camera focused on the host.

There is no excuse for not having products marked in some way so the hosts can't mess up the color names.  This even extends beyond fashion and shoes into home/kitchen etc.

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."
Regular Contributor

Show the size/fit chart - some shows do it and others don't. I don't understand why this is not a standard.

Yes, PLEASE show the size chart.  As I've said on earlier posts, I am not heavy but very busty, and this throws me off many times on top and jacket sizes.  I sometimes will need a large for my bust but sometimes a medium and at times even an X-large.  How am I to know which size to order if I have to guess whether a top is a 40, 42, or 46 chest?  And since returning items is now so expensive, I won't take the chance. Recently I ordered a shrug in a large, as I really needed one for a certain dress. When it arrived it was at least 2 inches big all over and had to return for a medium. Will not do that again.  And why should I have to call customer service or run upstairs to look at dot.com when the hosts should be doing their jobs??  From now on, no size chart, no purchase.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
Trusted Contributor

When showing pants show us the waist of the pant and how it fits on the model.....do not cover it up with a top. Or at least lift the top up.