New Contributor

Suggestions for Improved Presentation of Garments, Shoes and Jewelry

Some presentations are great and some are not - is this a producer / camera crew issue?

Shoe Presentation - the models needs to move, presentations when they are sitting is just wrong!

Clothes presentation - stop clustering all the models in one place around the couch where they just stand there shifting from left to right foot. We need to see them move ... walk walk walk that is what we do in real life.

More time to see the garment and Jewelry - the hosts can talk a long time then you have 20 sec to see the outfit. This is so wrong ... show the models while they talk in the back ground or have the model standing beside the host. 

Show the size/fit chart - some shows do it and others don't. I don't understand why this is not a standard.

Today's Style and Fashion - THANK YOU for bring clothes to the Q (GILI) for the modern women. We want to look sexy and sophisticated 

Regular Contributor

Re: Suggestions for Improved Presentation of Garments, Shoes and Jewelry

Great suggestions! It makes me crazy when Jane, during her shoe show, will put the shoe on but never stand up! Who on earth would do that? And please go to the models especially when the item is selling out! I need to see length, fit, etc.
Honored Contributor

I think for the most part, the presentations are good, however I would like to see more real life models and not the stick straight, tall, yound ones in the clothes.I am not tall or slender. or young.  I think showing a petite model who wears a size 4 donsn't help a petite gal who is a size 14. Always with the grirls who are wearing the tiny sizes and not the 3x or the 16 or even the 12. One reason I don't

buy clothes anymore---oh and the prices are ridiculous as well as waiting for weeks to get the thing shipped.

Esteemed Contributor

You've got it!  I'd just add having all jackets, sweaters, blazers BUTTONED on each model.  I swear half the time the jackets are soooo tight that they can't be closed.  Also, give sizes host, models are wearing and size they normally ware and the fit of the garment/shoe.  Is this toooo much to ask!!!!!Smiley Mad

Esteemed Contributor

And don't cover up clothes with scarfs, vests, big purses, jackets etc. Do not add anything that is not part of the item presented or have the model take off the accessory right after she walks into the area..   Sometimes the top being shown is so cluttered up that the viewer cannot really see the clothing!!!

Trusted Contributor

And please ask the guests to refrain from mauling the garments. The clawing, mangling and bouncing detract from the few moments the clothing is allowed on camera.
Esteemed Contributor

Wonderful suggestions here. I don't buy shoes from the Q. Not going to pay ridiculous costs to try them on. That said, when shoes are being presented, it's important to show and describe the soles of shoes. Many of us stay away from "slippery soles."
Respected Contributor

Please please please have the hosts tell us sizes models are wearing on every show. Some hosts are really good - - and even some of the designers do this - others talk and talk but this information is needed. - especially on numerical sidings. Lisa Rinna for example - her items are not standard measurements - what size do we buy? Very rarely on her shows are sizes given that are being worn by models. Please forget all the talk give us the information on the items - returns are expensive for us.
Respected Contributor

I agree with Corita, I hate it when I can't see the neckline because a big scarf is being worn with a t-shirt. We can decide if we like the shirt, and then can decide if we want to wear a scarf.

If it is a skirt or pants I want to be able to see the waist and how it fits on the hips. A long sweater covering everything is very distracting.

I would  like the fabric to be shown on screen so we can have a better idea of how it will wear or drape on us. I do not want to see vendors bouncing the fabric or pulling it and jangling it.

New Contributor

LOL - I really like Jane ... she's a classy women, but she is who I was referring to in my post.  I think some people watch QVC as entertainment (I get it; some are fun to watch) but I don't. I'm a shopper ... I don't need to be entertained, just tell me and show me what I need to make an informed decision. Smiley Very Happy