Valued Contributor

Suggested New Forum Category: Moved/Deleted Threads

Several times today, when sorting by "View All Forum Topics", there were as many or more deleted or moved threads than other ones.  Perhaps moving these to their own category or sub forum would make it easier on everyone.

Just a suggestion.

Honored Contributor

Re: Suggested New Forum Category: Moved/Deleted Threads

Honestly, they should have shut the forum down until Monday.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Ha...........I'm sure everyone knows when they are posting something "iffy".

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Ant talk about anything going on in the world except the weather and who died.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

Wrong. Can't discuss politics or religion. That's hardly "anything going on in the world." If people feel the need to never discuss anything at all BUT politics and religion, the QVC forums are not the place for them. But that's certainly not a new policy, or a surprise to anyone.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@dex wrote:

Wrong. Can't discuss politics or religion. That's hardly "anything going on in the world." If people feel the need to never discuss anything at all BUT politics and religion, the QVC forums are not the place for them. But that's certainly not a new policy, or a surprise to anyone.

I agree.  I'm extremely interested in politics, and very active politically.  But I never bring anything even remotely related to politics here because clearly it's not the place.  The rules - whether we agree with them or not - are clearly stated.

As much as I love a good political discussion/debate, I've found plenty to discuss here, as obviously most of us have.

Esteemed Contributor

@NYC Susan wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@dex wrote:

I agree.  I'm extremely interested in politics, and very active politically.  But I never bring anything even remotely related to politics here because clearly it's not the place.  The rules - whether we agree with them or not - are clearly stated.

As much as I love a good political discussion/debate, I've found plenty to discuss here, as obviously most of us have.

How do YO u get politically active,?  I ask because, I am going brain dead not being able to talk to friends about anything deep.  It,s weather, house repairs, and illness.  I have not been able to have a good old deep Intellectual conversation.  They are good people, but Don,t like to look or read anything that is not entertaining, where they don,t have to think.

Esteemed Contributor

@qvcaddition wrote:

@NYC Susan wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@dex wrote:

How do YO u get politically active,?  I ask because, I am going brain dead not being able to talk to friends about anything deep.  It,s weather, house repairs, and illness.  I have not been able to have a good old deep Intellectual conversation.  They are good people, but Don,t like to look or read anything that is not entertaining, where they don,t have to think.

I grew up hearing and learning about politics, and I've been politically active my whole life.   But you can get involved in all kinds of ways.  Seek out like-minded people by finding out about events in your area.  Work for a candidate.  Attend rallies.  Volunteer.  Find a cause that's important to you and get involved in raising awareness.  The best way to start is by volunteering on the local level.

Most of my friends are politically-savvy, but some are not.  Some have drastically different political opinions than I do, so I choose my battles.  It sounds as though you need to meet some new people who can be more intellectually-stimulating.  Not to replace your old friends, but to add in a positive way to your life.  Good luck!

Respected Contributor

it's a big internet world with lots of places to discuss politics -  so take advantage.  this is intended to be a space devoid of same.  respect that.  as to moving poofed threads,  i am all for getting them off the main listings, however the mods wish.  

Honored Contributor

Locked threads and those poofed should go somewhere else so that those we can comment on are all we initially see. If a person wants to see what was taken down, let them dig a little deeper.