New Contributor

Skinny pants for older ladies

[ Edited ]

For Jane Treacy                                                                                                                           Hi Jane,  I love QVC and almost always are happy with my purchases.  I am 80 in October , however, I am still interested in fashion. I wear high heels and as moderen as I dare to be with out , as my Mother used to say, "Mutton dressed as lamb." My problem is I have bad veins on my legs and like to keep them covered, long skirts or pants,. Is it Ok for someone my age to wear not too tight but more skinny type pants with a longer top over it. In your honest opinion would that look good on and old lady ?lol Thank you Jane, you seem a lovely lady with lots of style and a beautiful family.

Thamk you 
Best wishes , valerie 

Honored Contributor

Re: Skinny pants for older ladies

@soccer nan - Welcome to the forums! Jane Treacy probably won't see your post, as the hosts don't read these forums. You can contact her on her Facebook page, or you can call QVC and ask them how to contact her. I'm sure she would be happy to help you with your question.

Any time you have a question, you can post it and there will be a lot of wonderful people who will help you. I've received a lot of good advice here!

By the way, it sounds like YOU are a lovely lady with lots of style too! Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@soccer nan I'm not Jane, but I want to tell you that, yes,...you most certainly should feel good about wearing skinny pants and a long top. It's a perfect combo that's flattering for any age. Go for it!😊

Trusted Contributor

@soccer nan. I am not Jane but I wanted to encourage you to try the skinny pants.  I am 72.  I find them very comfortable.  They are great in the winter because they are so easy to tuck inside my high boots.  I wear them with my Logo tops and many tunics.  I do not wear any of the pants that hug by legs.  I never felt comfortable in them and now I would definitely not look good in them. Continue to have fun with your style.

Respected Contributor

I am not Jane but I must say I admire that you are still rocking fashion and seem to be passionate about it!! Eighty is not too old to wear a skinny jean with a long top at all. You can wear a skinny jean with any kind of top you liket. Now they do look fabulous with a tunic style top and that is a hot look right now. Keep on enjoying and loving fashion and you can come on here and post any questions or comments you have. The host don't post on here but a lot of people do and you will get a lot of feed back and hopefully some of it will be helpful and it sounds like we could all get some good advice and suggestions from you also.

Honored Contributor

I think you should wear what you like and what makes you feel comfortable.  Wear skinnier pants if you want.  

Honored Contributor

I salute you "heals" of any kind at 80!!! Woohoo good for you.

Respected Contributor

"Skinny pants"? By all means. This 81 year old loves  hers. I just ordered a pair of these caramel colored leather pants from Metrostyle. I have others in black, brown, teal, burgandy, off white, and green. Enjoy.

iipsrv.jpg

Trusted Contributor

I'm 80 and say, "sure, wear your skiiny pants and leggings!"  But only if you are slender.  That goes for ladies of any age!!!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@soccer nan wrote:

For Jane Treacy                                                                                                                           Hi Jane,  I love QVC and almost always are happy with my purchases.  I am 80 in October , however, I am still interested in fashion. I wear high heels and as moderen as I dare to be with out , as my Mother used to say, "Mutton dressed as lamb." My problem is I have bad veins on my legs and like to keep them covered, long skirts or pants,. Is it Ok for someone my age to wear not too tight but more skinny type pants with a longer top over it. In your honest opinion would that look good on and old lady ?lol Thank you Jane, you seem a lovely lady with lots of style and a beautiful family.

Thamk you 
Best wishes , valerie 

I messaged Jane on face book and told her about your post. She came back and said she is not allowed to post on the forum but ask me to Please tell you that she is honored by your kind words.