Contributor

It is 1:00 am on the east coast  - stayed up to see what they would show & what do my wondering eyes would appear but the same special value product that they just spent over a half an hour talking about - really? Please mix it up a bit more - much more enjoyable to watch & I don't have to change the channel.

Trusted Contributor

Since I assume you are an expert in home shopping programming, what exactly is the proper rotation.  Keeping in mind that QVC exists to sell items and make a profiit (rather than entertain you or alleviate your boredom), and further keeping in mind that QVC is broadcasting to millions of homes across multiple time zones, and most people are not on the same viewing schedule as you, what is your recommendation.

]

When I see posts like this over and over again from people who forget that VC is a retailer -- nothing more, nothing less -- I cannot help but wonder if they also go into brick and mortar stores and tell the associates to change displays, change merchandise, and do who knows what just to please them rather than allow the retailer to do what it certainly knows how do to (in most cases better than the consmer) and simply sell items.

Do not like QVC's programming?  Change the channel.  Problem solved.

Super Contributor

I can only agree with you, OP.  Their Facebook page is loaded with the same sentiment.  I have noticed recently they are spending exorbitant amounts of time on one product, but the TSV's take the cake.  I mean, really . . . do we need hours and hours showing them stroking a TSV BLANKET?  It's a blanket---it's not that deep!

Their programming in general has become incredibly stale.  I'll skim through the programming at the end of the day and  already I can see the same old products being shown repeatedly---and this will continue from now until Christmas.  I even saw the dreaded Muk Luks.

Ahhhhh well . . . less money I spend with QVC.   Gone are the days of varied products, unfortunately.  

Valued Contributor

For some reason, QVC cannot attract more vendors.  Why I don't know.

This is probably the reason why so much time is spent on 1 product; they don't have a variety of items to sell.

Valued Contributor

@KYToby wrote:

Since I assume you are an expert in home shopping programming, what exactly is the proper rotation.  Keeping in mind that QVC exists to sell items and make a profiit (rather than entertain you or alleviate your boredom), and further keeping in mind that QVC is broadcasting to millions of homes across multiple time zones, and most people are not on the same viewing schedule as you, what is your recommendation.

]

When I see posts like this over and over again from people who forget that VC is a retailer -- nothing more, nothing less -- I cannot help but wonder if they also go into brick and mortar stores and tell the associates to change displays, change merchandise, and do who knows what just to please them rather than allow the retailer to do what it certainly knows how do to (in most cases better than the consmer) and simply sell items.

Do not like QVC's programming?  Change the channel.  Problem solved.

So, you're allowed your same type posts over and over again but no one else is entitled to repeat an opinion?     If you don't like our opinions why don't you exit the forums?

Super Contributor

@ChrissyO wrote:

It is 1:00 am on the east coast  - stayed up to see what they would show & what do my wondering eyes would appear but the same special value product that they just spent over a half an hour talking about - really? Please mix it up a bit more - much more enjoyable to watch & I don't have to change the channel.

@ChrissyO  I just love it when seniors tell a major broadcasting company how to run their business.  It gives me the giggles everytime.  How about going to bed instead at 1 a.m.  Now there is a thought. 

Valued Contributor

Wow!  That was a rude post.

Contributor

I notice that QVC shows a TSV more when it is really selling well, which makes sense. The amount of time they spend showing a TSV has been highly analyzed by QVC. Like brick and mortar stores, they are in the business to make money, and they spend the amount of time on those products that they think will maximize sales. Nothing wrong with that. It's capitalism.

Frequent Contributor

Showing it too often as well as TOO LONG!!!

Valued Contributor

If it was really a "value" then I wouldn't mind, but most of the TSVs are not anything special anymore.