New Contributor

Shipping and Handling on QVC

Please check your shipping and handling charges!  As a long-time customer I've noticed that it says s&h is $3 but when you get the items it is usually much much more.  I called customer service and they are saying that when I order thru the automated system it is the option I choose but there is no way to "pick" how you want it shipped.  

Very disappointed and can't imagine how long I've been overcharged for shipping!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shipping and Handling on QVC

Thanks for bringing this to my attention ... I will check in the future when I place my next order ..... to the best of my knowledge if the shipping for the item indictes $3.00 that is what I was charged ..... you have to keep in mind that not all items have a $3.00 shipping charge ... some are $5.00 or more.

Honored Contributor

@January121 wrote:

Thanks for bringing this to my attention ... I will check in the future when I place my next order ..... to the best of my knowledge if the shipping for the item indictes $3.00 that is what I was charged ..... you have to keep in mind that not all items have a $3.00 shipping charge ... some are $5.00 or more.

There are other shipping options, like expedited, etc so it is possible to pay more for shipping if you want it shipped faster or through a particular shipping vendor.

Valued Contributor

I totally agree with you! When the new s/h charges came out, it was $3.00 for clothing, make up  and jewelry; and  I think they said $5.00 for everything else?!? 

Now, prices are slowly started to creep up.  Even on an exact exchange...the customer is paying! Personally,I can't just run to the mall. I'm partially disabled, have balance issues and walk with a cane. Plus, I have to time it all r/t melds I take,if I'm driving. I'm VERY responsible when it come to that. I am an RN and, LOVED my profession. I was badly injured on the job. Without going thru my long journey...what I mentioned via time and multiple surgeries is where I am today. To go to a mall, even if just for an hour; I need to plan it out, have someone with me to carry things and drive if necessary. For me, this kind of shopping works here and at several other  online retailers. I even bought my "mother of the bride" gown from Nordies for my daughters wedding, late next month!!! Aggghhhhh!  But that stores and several others are things I'm familiar with. 

What QVC needs that other online retailers have, is consistency! Not just across the board but, at times within the same line! PLEASE to the buyers and marketers; PLEASE, how many times do we, the consumers, the reason we are all here....need to explain it all. PLEASE listen to us!

Honored Contributor

@Gemspirit wrote:

I totally agree with you! When the new s/h charges came out, it was $3.00 for clothing, make up  and jewelry; and  I think they said $5.00 for everything else?!? 

Now, prices are slowly started to creep up.  Even on an exact exchange...the customer is paying! Personally,I can't just run to the mall. I'm partially disabled, have balance issues and walk with a cane. Plus, I have to time it all r/t melds I take,if I'm driving. I'm VERY responsible when it come to that. I am an RN and, LOVED my profession. I was badly injured on the job. Without going thru my long journey...what I mentioned via time and multiple surgeries is where I am today. To go to a mall, even if just for an hour; I need to plan it out, have someone with me to carry things and drive if necessary. For me, this kind of shopping works here and at several other  online retailers. I even bought my "mother of the bride" gown from Nordies for my daughters wedding, late next month!!! Aggghhhhh!  But that stores and several others are things I'm familiar with. 

What QVC needs that other online retailers have, is consistency! Not just across the board but, at times within the same line! PLEASE to the buyers and marketers; PLEASE, how many times do we, the consumers, the reason we are all here....need to explain it all. PLEASE listen to us!

I'm sorry, that is incorrect.

They NEVER said $5 s/h on everything else.  Handbags and other items can still have shipping as high as almost $12.  You need to check the shipping on the item before you order if it is not jewelry, makeup or clothing.

It has been posted many times that there is NO such thing as an even exchange anymore.  If something doesn't fit and you return it, you will lose the original $3 s/h of the clothing item and the cost of the return label OR your own cost to return.  You then have to start a fresh order for the new size.  Not very friendly, I agree since sizing is totally inconsistent.

But that has been the new policy since last February.

OP, what type of item did you order?  If it was indeed, clothing, jewelry or makeup...you should have only been charged $3.  Otherwise, you were overcharged.

If it was anything else, shipping charges vary.

I haven't seen anyone post they were incorrectly charged EXCEPT on old auto deliveries.  Sometimes they have been shipping w/ the old higher rate. If that is the case, a call to CS will correct that.

QVC Customer Care

Hi wphy, It was a pleasure speaking with you today! Thank you for being our customer and for posting in our forums. I'm glad that we were able to figure this out.

~Kim

New Contributor

Thank you for calling me Kim.  I ordered two clothing items last night by phone on the automated system and when I went online today to check the shipping and handling charge once again they were over 8 dollars each.  I then when went to the "edit" column and changed from Priority Shipping to Standard Shipping and then it went to the 3 dollars.  So obviously I just won't order by phone in the future until this problem is resolved.

New Contributor

This has happened to me, also.  The customer service person told me I signed something

in 2006 requesting my items ordered to be sent USPS - This is ridiculous - I am being charged over $17.00 s/h for 3 sets of Lori Granier pens, - I am going to contact Corporate Office tomorrow!

Respected Contributor

I just ordered something yesterday and the S&H was $3, if I wanted to get it to me faster I had two other choices to check off but I kept it at the $3 S&H charges.  I always check my invoice when I get it from QVC and I've never had a problem with them charging me more than what was stated originally.  I don't order that much from the Q anymore though, I can get items at a B&M stores in the area for better prices.  The Q overall isn't a bargain anymore.

Trusted Contributor

Sounds like the Q has figured out yet another way to take advantage of their customers!  What a scam!