Honored Contributor

Just my opinion of course. It is the salespersons job to sell. That is what they were hired for. If people don't buy that means they are not doing their jobs properly and will be sent to QVC2 or nights or out the door. They need to do their job or else.

Esteemed Contributor

I am a person that gets turned off by aggressive sales people, both online and in person.  I mute most hosts and vendors, when I watch, look at the item, check dimensions and make a decision. I mute videos also. I was interested in the D&B show but couldn't listen to the host. Ended up turning off anyway.  

Respected Contributor

On QVC I think it started with th LOGO line.  That particular vendor LOVES to rant "Everything goes with everything.  Be playful.  Have fun with your clothes."  Well, there is a difference in having fun and looking like a bag lady.  Just my humble opinion. 

Respected Contributor

Remember that QVC has MILLIONS of viewers. Different cultures, different ages, different styles...

I am very elegantly fashionable, but I also like fun and playful..

I adore pops of color, and sometimes I am completely colorful!

I have enough self-confidence in my own style and my own choices that no host could ever make me feel uncomfortable.

Yet, I also respect the hosts' opportunity on air to be creative and share.

I do not mind any ideas or styles that the hosts share--thinking out of the box is a useful experience.  

I think saying things like "Nobody in their right mind" is silly and reflects only the writer's lack of style, not the hosts.

Esteemed Contributor

"A pop of color" is one of the hosts' go to sales pitches along with " buy one and then get one in a "fun" color."

Honored Contributor

@FancyPhillyshopper wrote:

Remember that QVC has MILLIONS of viewers. Different cultures, different ages, different styles...

I am very elegantly fashionable, but I also like fun and playful..

I adore pops of color, and sometimes I am completely colorful!

I have enough self-confidence in my own style and my own choices that no host could ever make me feel uncomfortable.

Yet, I also respect the hosts' opportunity on air to be creative and share.

I do not mind any ideas or styles that the hosts share--thinking out of the box is a useful experience.  

I think saying things like "Nobody in their right mind" is silly and reflects only the writer's lack of style, not the hosts.

@FancyPhillyshopper   - Completely agree with your post.  It's nice that there are choices for everyone.  What a boring world this would be if everyone like the same style and color. 

One poster said she had an issue paying 200.00 for a purse.  We all spend our money in different ways.  I am glad to spend 200.00 plus for a purse - namely Dooneys - because they last a lifetime.  I don't switch purses out with every outfit and I need a purse to last a long time.

We're all different.

Honored Contributor

I have a hot pink Brahmin bag that I wear with everything in the summer. I didn't see the Dooney show but I doubt I'd flip out over it. Remember, hosts will say and do anything to make a sale.  

Honored Contributor

One of the ways the Q gets you to buy their more-expensive-than-anywhere-else  Dooneys is to offer them in Q-only colors.  They latch onto a popular style and offer it in thirty colors, as they did with that logo lock hobo.  Then they tell you to buy a color you don't have and wear it with everything; as they try to convince you that that bizarre color you just purchased is really a neutral!!

Trusted Contributor

They will say anything for you to buy!Even say "I bought 20,(yes she said) of this a few years ago.Come on we are not stupid!