Occasional Contributor

QVC's 2016 Christmas in July

Is anyone else really disappointed with the Q Christmas in July this year?  I really look forward to it every year but this year there's nothing new and old items from Bethlehem Lights that have received bad reviews are represented.

Trusted Contributor

Re: QVC's 2016 Christmas in July

I was also. I was wondering if it was just me. There are so many things changing anymore that I'm not to excited about I guess it like I keep hearing "it's the new norm."

Trusted Contributor

I have already collected many items that we love.  I keep them in proper storage and they stay like new for years.  I like the natural look, not the glitz and glimmer sold the last few years.  I check in on line at the end of the day but nothing new for me.  I also love to go outside and collect items I can clean up and use for fall and winter.  I have collected hand painted ceramics over the years.  If I find greenware I like I can take it to a shop about an hour away and she will paint as I request.  For my birds and animals I take her a picture and she will match.  I am spoiled.  I do go to craft shows and stores to look for new.  I shop from my boxes each time I want a change so my results are always different.  Now I am retired I can be home and enjoy the fruits of my labor in the daytime.  ;-).   I can relax and enjoy the process without having to watch the clock.

Honored Contributor

Maybe I just haven't noticed it, if it has occurred in other CIJ's, but this year it seemed to me that most of the items offered were regurgitated from the warehouse from last year, and maybe even the year before.  Very disappointed.

Trusted Contributor

Add me to the list of people disapointed by this year's CIJ offerings.  I picked up a few things but not nearly what I used to purchase.  I got the Aran Craft snowflake sweater for myself and bought the winter-themed polish pottery mugs and platter (the birds for me, reindeer for a Christmas gift ~ nice, but so darn expensive)!  I used to buy so many of Valerie's things it wasn't even funny ~ this year, not a thing.  So many of her new items look like things I can find at the local craft store.  This isn't meant as a slam towards Valerie or anyone who loves her pieces, but why would I pay for shipping and yes, pay more per item when I can buy practically the same thing locally and for less?  Maybe this Friday's shows will be better?  Then I can eat my words, lol!  :-)

Esteemed Contributor

My biggest disappointment comes with the shipping and handling cost along with the sale prices.  The CIJ items actually cost more due to the S&H policy..  It is insulting when the Q CEO treats his loyal customers like idiots.

Occasional Contributor

Agreed I love the Christmas wrap bags because I send a lot of my gifts but this year postage is $5.00! Guest I'll just reuse the old ones.

Esteemed Contributor

@2thlvr wrote:

Agreed I love the Christmas wrap bags because I send a lot of my gifts but this year postage is $5.00! Guest I'll just reuse the old ones.

I also was going to put that item in my cart but again - still have to many of the smaller bags left and the cost is more than last year with the shipping.

Honored Contributor

@Gram W wrote:

I have already collected many items that we love.  I keep them in proper storage and they stay like new for years.  I like the natural look, not the glitz and glimmer sold the last few years.  I check in on line at the end of the day but nothing new for me.  I also love to go outside and collect items I can clean up and use for fall and winter.  I have collected hand painted ceramics over the years.  If I find greenware I like I can take it to a shop about an hour away and she will paint as I request.  For my birds and animals I take her a picture and she will match.  I am spoiled.  I do go to craft shows and stores to look for new.  I shop from my boxes each time I want a change so my results are always different.  Now I am retired I can be home and enjoy the fruits of my labor in the daytime.  ;-).   I can relax and enjoy the process without having to watch the clock.

@Gram W,You really need to look into the Southern Highland Craft Guild.  You'd love all the handmade items made as they really were in the past.  

They have two big shows every year in our civic centers and these crafters show all over the east.

http://www.southernhighlandguild.org/