Valued Contributor

This weekend was the beginning of my withdrawal from QVC.  Between the umpteenth Philosophy TSV and IT Cosmetics presentations I can't take it anymore.  Oh and the Christmas in July, don't forget that.  Need to get a life.

Respected Contributor

@Snowhite714 wrote:

This weekend was the beginning of my withdrawal from QVC.  Between the umpteenth Philosophy TSV and IT Cosmetics presentations I can't take it anymore.  Oh and the Christmas in July, don't forget that.  Need to get a life.

If you watch QVC all day, then of course you will see repetition on any given day.

Esteemed Contributor

I have cut back on watching QVC ... today, every time I checked to see what was on it was Philosophy so I decided not to watch at all ..... the Q has very boring programming for quite some time now .... seems like the TSV has 10 or 12 full hours & then it is mentioned in each of the other individual shows .... too much already!!!!!

Trusted Contributor

You do not have to watch all day to see the repetition.  Just look at the monthly schedule in the Insider.  It is a certain that their will be little to no new items in each show.  I do not need more of the same in a different color, a shirt that is so long it hits the back of my knees because I am only average size or "amazing" leggings that "are so in this season".   Not watching saves me money and aggregation.  To each their own.  Just my opinion.

Esteemed Contributor

If you sign up for reminders of your favorite shows, they will email you when they are on.  That is what I do.  Set your recorder to watch a few movies.  That way when something is on that you don't like , you have something else to watch. 

Respected Contributor

Years ago I was addicted, yes, addicted.  Now, if I turn on the channel maybe twice a week, that's a lot.   I'll look at new arrivals and lunchtime specials but that's about it. 

I'll order here and there but nothing like I did years ago.  I really believe it's because in the back of my head I received "the letter" maybe a year or two ago and that has really changed my buying habits from the Q. 

In theory, I believed I was an outstanding customer only to find out the people at the Q didn't think so.  At that time I can only admit to one regret of ordering and returning, the rest was all because of quality or sizing and yet they offered their customer service to help me find the right size. 

I truly believe I could of offered them my services as a QC manager who would assure each and every customer that what is printed for measurements for any particular clothing item was what they said it was going to be.

But why get in a shouting match, just cut back and let someone else take up the slack.

Trusted Contributor

QVC is a retailer which sells items to make a profit.  It is nothing more.

It does not exist to entertain us.  It does not exist to alleviate our boredome.

Its product rotation obviously meets its needs, and it sells these "repetitive" items quite well.

If you are "withdrawing" from QVC because you are tired of its programming, then you have obviously expected QVC to be more than it actually is (ie. a retailer).

Valued Contributor

OMG! Give it a rest!

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC Withdrawals...

[ Edited ]

@sparklestar wrote:

@Snowhite714 wrote:

If you watch QVC all day, then of course you will see repetition on any given day.

Oh please. It's repetition incarnate no matter how often you watch. 

My viewing gradually decreased to precisely none, primarily (but not exclusively) because of the repetition factor, and believe me, watching all day was never the issue.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@KYToby wrote:

QVC is a retailer which sells items to make a profit.  It is nothing more.

It does not exist to entertain us.  It does not exist to alleviate our boredome.

Its product rotation obviously meets its needs, and it sells these "repetitive" items quite well.

If you are "withdrawing" from QVC because you are tired of its programming, then you have obviously expected QVC to be more than it actually is (ie. a retailer).

Interesting, because you'd think a retailer would strive NOT to have customers 'withdraw', and you'd particularly think one with a broadcast sales operation might strive to entertain and not to bore customers... as at least part of their focus.

As for that endless rotation of the same products, when product saturation sets in, let's see how well this model is meeting their needs... But wait, it seems a survey has gone out asking some customers why they're watching and shopping less... Gasp... could it be that the model is floundering as we speak...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...