Respected Contributor

QVC Team make a list of pictures for our Avatars

[ Edited ]

QVC forum gave us a place of a list of Avatars;  using a picture that the QVC forum team creates for us to use.

Most do not know how safely.  I do not want to download a picture from my own personal pictures from my  computer.

I do not want to download a picture off of the internet to my computer and try to send that picture to QVC forum for a Avatar. 

I want a tiny white sparrow for my Avatar.  And I have no way or idea how to have that picture.   And I am scared I will allow others into my computer following that picture.  Does not feel good to me to try to learn how to do this. 

So it seems best to have QVC forum to have a list of pictures for us to pick from....or let us send a post in a area for which picture we want....and then the QVC forum team could click and put that picture into our area for our Avatar.  

I want a cute picture I saw on the internet of a tiny white sparrow.   

It is really bad having a shadow of a female for a Avatar.  Does not feel right with 1,000 + other shadow females using the same image for their Avatar.  It is like making all these females wear the same dress or shoes.   Feels bad.  

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC Team make a list of pictures for our Avatars

Sparrow, I promise that if you upload a picture of a sparrow off the internet for your avatar, nobody will be able to get into your computer.

I will post some pictures of white sparrows in this thread.  Since the pictures will be stored on QVC site in the thread, there should be no tracking it back to you. 

Just a thought. 

By the way, I never realized how many white sparrows are out there.

Java Sparrow

Image result for white java sparrow

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Albino Sparrow

Trusted Contributor

Where is this forum of avatars? I don't quite understand, are you saying that QVC will create an avatar for me if I send them an actual pic of me? Where did you find this info?
Honored Contributor

birdmama,

Such a thoughtful thing you did.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

Albino Sparrow

birdmama,  I clicked on to the tiny white sparrow picture trying to figure out how to put into my area to make a Avatar...and i was redirected out of the Q forum.  

Thanks for helping me.  I am trying to solve this.

Like the last bird looking downward.  With flowers at her feet.   Nice picture.  

Respected Contributor

@Himi lover wrote:
Where is this forum of avatars? I don't quite understand, are you saying that QVC will create an avatar for me if I send them an actual pic of me? Where did you find this info?

Himi lover,  I am asking the Q Team to create a list of pictures for us to pick just by clicking to create our Avatar.   

They have to aprove of the pictures first ...so they might as well make a list of pictures for our use to pick or we could ask them to put the picture in our Avatar area.  They gave us the place for the Avatar so they can  add the picture for us too.  

Honored Contributor

One White Sparrow, I've been futzing with avatars and pictures for 30 minutes.  The way this system is set up, I can't get around having to save a pic to my computer before uploading here.

Grrrrr

That said, here are a couple of things to know.  QVC has your IP address every time you sign on.  Adding a pic from your PC isn't going to give QVC  more access to your computer than they have now.

You can bypass the 'approval' process for your avatar (lol).  I have been using Courage the Coward Dog since the beginning without anybody's approval.

If you upload a picture of a sparrow (your choice of the one you saw on the internet or one of the ones I posted) to your photo album, you can mark your photo album as private.  One your picture is in your private album, you can use it as your avatar.  All of this should take about 10 minutes.

I'm going to write out the steps in the next post.  If you already know how to do this, then ignore the post.  Maybe somebody else will need the information.

I am a freak about my computer's security.  I would never tell you to do something that would jeopardize your computer.

Trusted Contributor

Thane Birdmama, I have no idea how to mark a picture private in my photo library. I have an iPad.
Honored Contributor

QVC Team make a list of pictures for our Avatars

**How to upload a picture from the internet to your private album in the forum, then use it as your avatar:

** These instructions are written for a computer, running windows 7 and using internet explorer as the browser **

1. Find a picture on the internet. Pictures that have a .bmp or .jpg file extension name work best.
  2. Right click on the picture and select SAVE PICTURE AS and give your picture a name and save it to your computer. Make sure you remember the name of the folder on your computer, where you put the picture.
  3. Once you have the picture saved on your computer, make sure you are logged into the QVC forums
  4. Take your mouse and hover over your current avatar
  5. Four options that look like a drop down menu will appear – select PROFILE
  6. Scroll down the page a bit and look to the left – you should see an area named MY IMAGES
  7. Click on MY IMAGES
  8. One the page loads, click on the RED box named ADD IMAGES
  9. You should then have a screen that states you can upload up to 20 images
  10. Click the gray box named BROWSE
  11. Once you do this, you should see your computer libraries
  12. Find your picture on your computer and click OPEN
  13. You will then be taken back to the forum and should see your picture on the screen in a preview box
  14. Click on the red box named SELECT AN ALBUM
  15. If you don’t have any pictures saved yet, you will select NEW ALBUM
  16. You will be asked to give your album a TITLE
  17. There are two radio buttons – you want to select PRIVATE
  18. Click the red box named SAVE