Respected Contributor

Re: Q, please do away with the hearts!

@gardensla wrote:

@I like celery wrote:

@gardensla wrote:

I would prefer that they used that field for a "views" count instead of hearts, but I doubt we'll win this one.

@gardensla - Not sure if you know, but the number of views is listed on every post.  If you look below the poster's name, avatar, registered date, etc, you'll see the # of views listed for each post.  It's right below the "Report Inappropriate Content" text/link.  HTH 

EDITED TO ADD: Or maybe you are referring to the main forum list page, and would like the "heart column" to be replaced with a view count column?  Sorry if I misunderstood.  I thought you might be referring to the area for hearts in each individual post.

Yes, I'm aweare that I can click into a post and see the number of views. Your correction was correct! I'd like to see the number of views on the main forum page. If a post has lots of views I'll often click in to take a look even if its not a category that would be of interest at first blush (such as kitchen for this non-cook!).  I've learned alot here at the Q this way; I guess "hearts" is supposed to preform the same function, but it really doesn't. At least not for me.

@gardensla - I agree it would be nice if we could see at a glance the number of views for each thread on the Topic list page for each forum!  :-) 

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Trusted Contributor

I like the hearts. If I enjoy someone's post it's so nice to acknowledge them.
Honored Contributor

i like the Heart button. As so many others have said, it lets posters know that others agree with them, yet there doesn't need to be an ITA post. It has very little to do with anything like a popularity contest; those who view it that way must be unaware that Amazon's forums for one have both Like and Dislike buttons, and if enough people dislike a post it is hidden from view :-) Be grateful QVC has no interest in doing that. Many, many forums use "Likes".

I am finding it fairly weird that so many people are (erroneously) linking the new forums to Facebook in their minds - many times from people who have either never had anything to do with FB, or never took the time to configure it properly. FB is not evil and neither are QVC's hearts.
Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Why not just ignore them if you don't like them.  I think the whole 'hearting' phenomenon is dated and silly but I don't care if they have them or don't have them.  For heaven's sake, though, I can't see waging a campaign against them. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

I like them too....
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like the Hearts, but if you don't, you can easily make them go away:

Put your cursor over your user name at the top right of the page.

Then click "My Settings."

Then cllick "Preferences"

Then click "Hearts"

Then select "Hide Hearts" and hit save at the bottom of the page.

Poof. It works.

Respected Contributor

Serendipity, I did as you instructed and now the hearts are hidden from me.   Thanks.

Honored Contributor

@Big Sister wrote:

Serendipity, I did as you instructed and now the hearts are hidden from me.   Thanks.

HTH. Now, if I could just figure out a couple of other things... Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Honestly, is this really a big deal? If it was a thumbs up, would that be better? No need to read more into it than simply a feature found almost everywhere  and is an an easy way to say that you agree or appreciate what someone wrote. The top-hearted feature was removed at people's request, so only you now know who hearted you and the so-called competition is now gone.

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Respected Contributor

Hello, Big Sister. Smiley Happy

I think the hearts are the same as a "Like" on Facebook. It seems to just be a non-verbal, or rather, non-posting way to agree with another user. It doesn't mean that someone is better because they have more hearts than someone else.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder