Respected Contributor

Q, please do away with the hearts!

They are rather childish and stupid!  No offense, they're just immature.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Q, please do away with the hearts!

I like them because I can express agreement with a post without a written reply.  I don't do it to stroke an ego.  I like getting notifications that someone has "hearted" my post, without having to re-read the thread.  To me, it's simply another way to connect with a fellow poster.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

I doubt the hearts are going away.  They tie-in everything QVC is doing right now; every QVC item has that heart on it's info page.  Customers have a way of starting collections they like, and QVC has a way of monitoring research on popular items (the research is of course really why QVC really does it).  I don't mind them on the Forum one way or the other, but I do tend to agree with the other poster that stated it's a good way to concur with a post without having to write the exact same sentiment in a separate post.  I wish other preople would consider that.  Now THAT gets tiring -- when folks write the same exact response word for word that's already there.  Why not just heart it and keep it moving?

Honored Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

I like them because I can express agreement with a post without a written reply.  I don't do it to stroke an ego.  I like getting notifications that someone has "hearted" my post, without having to re-read the thread.  To me, it's simply another way to connect with a fellow poster.

I have been thinking of them akin to a like button, which we have been wanting

Honored Contributor

I agree with the thoughts of the posters above mine.  I like being able to click the heart and move along without quoting long strings of posts. Previously I have wanted to quote the last or next-to-last comment but it was a pain to extract that one post from "the string" without messing up the formatting.

I do think that knowing which threads have received the most hearts is a waste of space.

"And suddenly you just know it's time to start something new
And trust the magic of Beginnings..."
Regular Contributor

I like the hearts too! I've often wished there was a "like" button on these boards, so I could support another's view without adding another post! Keep the hearts!

Honored Contributor

I agree with you Big Sister.

It's like wanting to pat yourself on the back.

I just leave a reply if i agree with them,etc.

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Respected Contributor

Some people like them, while I don't think they are necessary they don't bother me.  You can remove the hearts in the posts in your settings.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like the heart too.
I hated those eternally long quotes.

Never saw the need for the same lines
over and over again.

It's a nice way to show someone that you agree with them and appreciate their point of view..

That's how we roll in the shire..
Esteemed Contributor

I would prefer that they used that field for a "views" count instead of hearts, but I doubt we'll win this one.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat