Valued Contributor

Q card billings wasting paper

[ Edited ]

I would like to suggest not wasting an entire last page of our bills just devoted to easy pay. Anyone watching TV sees it on the screen and there's a bar on the screen online, too. I used to live by a forest logged for paper (it's sad to see) and even though we use it, we should not waste it. Perhaps note it on the main page and not waste a sheet of paper unnecessarily. I recycle, but many don't. Thanks

Honored Contributor

Re: Q card billings wasting paper

[ Edited ]

I receive paperless statments. You can sign up for that.

Just wanted to add if you are on paperless statements you don't have to worry about someone stealing your mail or having the post office hold it when you are not home.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I recently found out the Q card also comes in a paperless version.  You just have to call them and they'll set you up to view and pay the bill online.

Honored Contributor

Great suggestion and I agree!  

My parents grew up not wasting a thing.  They didn't have much to waste, especially my dear Mother who grew up in England without much food, spent Sunday night repairing her meager clothing for the week ahead..... and was a young woman during the Blitz.

I grew up hearing that I must use BOTH sides of a piece of paper or I wouln't get any more.  I had to use a pencil all the way down (sharpened) whether it had an eraser on top or not.  If I couldn't hold it any more, that was the sign it was pretty much used up.... and even then my Dad took a razor blade to sharpen it one more time if it would no longer fit in a pencil sharpener.

So recycling and not wasting was what we did and were doing it way before it became the Green thing to do.....

It just makes sense....  never waste now what you may want in the future..... 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Valued Contributor

Even though I prefer paper, I just don't like it being wasted to promote easy pay. I don't pay online, I had billing fraud at Amazon before. I suppose I could get scammed either way. I just prefer looking at my bill on paper plus my internet isn't the best & I don't like some of Q's screens because the page jumps it gets frustrating.

Respected Contributor

I hope the bills you're recycling have been shredded first!

I get all my bills electronically and either pay them directly on the billers website, or use the free on-line bill pay with my bank.

Honored Contributor

Good idea.  I don't have a Q Card, but I do have others and for every one which is not on paperless delivery, there are always useless pages included. 

Same with bills for other things - almost always there is at least one page of ads included --and then they mail ads separately, too! 

Respected Contributor

I prefer paper, cuz I tend to forget to pay online, & do not want anything drafted from my acc. However, I di use those extra ppages in all my bills. I use them for scribbling all sorts of things. many have a complete blank side. I use those for gro lists & other "reminders". I use alot of "scrap paper" all from bills.